Bridges Academy Mindfulness & Wellness Program
- Number of champion(s): 0
- Cause: Bridges For Music
A group of generous and passionate individuals are coming together to raise funds to create a mindfulness & wellness program for the underserved youth of Langa. The program will launch on Thursday 11th of April with yoga & meditation classes. We aim to raise 60,000 Rands to secure 100 hours of yoga classes. Each class can hold up to 50 students.
The funds will be utilized for:
- the facilitator fees (45,000 Rands)
- the facilitator transportation costs (5,000 Rands)
- the school operation and administrative cost (10,000 Rands)
- the Backabuddy service fees (5,000 Rands)
Why a mindfulness & wellness program?
Youth from the townships grow up in harsh environments where poverty persists, health care is lacking and psychological well-being is neglected.
As a result, these youth are often making unaware and unhealthy life choices. However, mental and physical health is critical to reach one’s full potential and feel empowered in all aspects of life.
The overall purpose of the mindfulness & wellness program is to provide a supportive environment where students can feel comfortable and safe to explore different aspects of themselves as well as their relationships to others and the environment through various transformative themes. The emphasis is psycho-educational. We are not aiming to provide group or individual therapy or counseling.
Who are the program facilitators?
The core facilitator team is composed of 2 certified yoga & meditation teachers from the same community as the Bridges Academy students: Zizipho Mfketo & Nandipha Ntongana.
They will be mentored by the following senior teachers: Kafui Awoonor, Chris Barkley, Ndivhudzannyi Mphephu, Mario Lee, and Vanessa Van Heerden
You want to support the project but you are unable to donate?
- Set your fundraising page to raise funds amongst your friends and family towards the program. Then you can also come take a class with the students at the Bridges Academy.
- You are a yoga teacher? Organize a fundraising class with your yoga community at a studio or at the Bridges Academy in Langa.
- You are the owner of a yoga studio? Promote the project to your clients through a special Seva class pack that includes a donation. A great way to grow your sales and make a difference.
Sorry, no projects have been created yet.