100km with Character - Team "I am the change"
- By: Thandeka Ngoma
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/100km-with-character-team-i-am-the-chan
My name is Thandeka Ngoma and I am one of the directors of an amazing NPO called The Character Company (Registered NPO).
In the past few weeks I’ve seen most concerned South Africans (both men & women) speaking out about the spate of Gender based violence in our country. I choose to be part of the solution. I believe that a major part of the problem is that 67% of our boys are growing up in fatherless homes/ home with no positive role model. Imagine trying to figure out how to become a man without another man to show you how.
At the character company, we run a long term mentorship program for young boys, from as little as five years old, that don’t have a male role model in their life. Our Goal is to help raise boys to be good men with strong values, positively impacting families, communities and society, via a long-term MENtorship program.
But, we need your help and support to fund this great cause. On the 10th of November 2019 at Cradlestone Mall outside planet fitness, we will have 40 spinning bikes attempting to raise R10,000 each by cycling 100km each. I’m allocated a bike and would like to invite you to ride with me on my bike at R100 per kilometer. You can commit to as much as you can handle physically, but feel free to donate more than your kilometers if you wish. My target is R10,000.
Your donation will help us take more boys on camping experiences, enroll more boys into our mentorship program, and you get to invest into a better society, actively.
So, If you want to get involved with this fantastic cause and help us to raise boys to be good men, Click the donate button and as reference (“YourName”IMTHECHANGE). If you also want to ride with me, contact me on Whatsapp 0658472236.
And remember, your donation is tax-deductible. You will receive an A18 certificate for your donation.
Thank you, I value your time.
Visit www.thecharactercompany.co.za for more info on this fantastic program.
- Nov 11, 2019 - R 510.00
Great initiative. I am blessed to have taken part" - Refilwe Mahome
- Nov 10, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "It’s always worth it to do good, stay blessed" - JohannesIAMTHECHANGE
- Nov 10, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Great work T" - Noks
- Nov 09, 2019 - R 1 500.00
- "Awesome work you doing. God bless." - Sipho
- Nov 09, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Let’s raise a generation of amazing men. " - Zizwe Vundla
- Nov 09, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "<3" - Lindi
- Nov 09, 2019 - R 514.10
- "“Helping developing the next generation” well done" - Vekershlin
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 514.10
- "For an amazing cause" - Yolandi
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "Privileged to be part of this initiative. " - Jeremy
- Oct 29, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Go Team" - Thandeka Ngoma
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 507.50
- "This is great work! We thank you!" - Nthabiseng Mogane
The Character Company
The Character Company is a long term mentorship programme for young boys growing up with absent fathers - raising boys to be good men. Other than the weekly and monthly programmes, holiday camps and “one-on-one” intervention we also focus on support for single mothers and raising awareness of the impact of absent fathers on our families and society.