26778 Land Claim Action Group
- By: 26778 Land Claim Action Group
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/26778-land-claim
We live in a community that has had our properties targeted for restitution under a land claim.
We need to cover the legal costs of defending the land claim against our properties.
If we can't raise money to supplement our cash on hand already collected by the community members, we will be forced to withdraw our defense and will probably lose our land.
We need the money in the bank by the end of 2019 to be able to issue the legal team the guarantees to appear in March 2020.
The Estimate from the legal team is approximately R1.9Mil, we have some cash on hand and expect to raise some more through membership subscriptions, but will still be considerably short...
Any funds coming in from this platform will be applied to the legal expenses.
Receiving donations will possibly be the difference between a successful defense and losing our land... Many of our members are now pensioners, and some are out of work, so the ability to raise more money within the community is very restricted.
Donations will be going to save the land in the Broederstroom Community. We have already lived for fourteen years with the uncertainty that our land is going to be taken away from us. Finally, after all these years, we have secured a court date to defend the claim, but we could be forced to withdraw if we can't fund the court proceedings.
A number of the community are pensioners and will have nowhere else to live if they lose their land. Your donation will help prevent this tragedy in our community.
- Oct 30, 2019 - R 300.00
Good luck!!" - Dennis King
- Oct 22, 2019 - USD $ 157.80
- "The least I can do, after all the Rings have done for me. " - Jamie Deehan
- Oct 22, 2019 - USD $ 147.28
- "All the best!" - Ria and Josh
- Sep 24, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Keep strong " - Bev
- Sep 21, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Hope this helps." - M Carsrt
- Sep 13, 2019 - USD $ 34.24
- "Pray for this land to be protected and saved." - Melanie Hattingh
- Aug 28, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Unbelievable, how can this be done to poor pensioners. Just terrible " - Kirsten Atkinson
- Aug 17, 2019 - USD $ 131.41
- "We hope justice will be done, all the best" - Roger and Karin
- Jul 26, 2019 - USD $ 240.74
- "Wishing you well in your project" - Anonymous
- Jul 26, 2019 - R 203.00
- "My tuppence worth! All the best." - John Allen
- Jul 25, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Hope every little bit helps. " - Jill
- Jul 23, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck " - Ian Forbes
- Jul 23, 2019 - USD $ 227.41
- "Hopefully this gets resolved to your satisfaction " - John Martini
- Jul 12, 2019 - USD $ 71.93
- "Good luck ????????" - Dale
- Jul 12, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Good luck" - John van Vuuren
- Jul 08, 2019 - USD $ 38.14
- "Wishing you all great success. " - Heather Dryden
- Jul 03, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Hope this finally will be the end of a very expensive exercise." - Ashley Shub
- Jul 02, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "I owned a property 10 years ago in Broederstroom! Good luck guys." - Rob MacKinlay
- Jun 30, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Good Luck" - Pat and Doreen Cochran
- Jun 28, 2019 - USD $ 74.25
- "Best of luck with the defense " - Stephan Buys
- Jun 28, 2019 - USD $ 35.29
- "Chipping in" - Stuart Steedman
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Kindly assist these people. " - Dawie Naude
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 102.82
- "To start the ball rolling" - Quentin Terry