27 Day Walk
- By: Onke Vulidobo Sitwayi
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/27-day-walk
- Date Created: 1 February 2021
R 14 864
R 5 000 000
Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mineworker can become the Head of the mine, that a child of a farmworker can become the
President of a great nation. -NelsonMandela.
It is with those words by the great Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela that Onke"The New Age Madiba" is determined to put his life on the line to give children in secluded Villages a voice by his 27 days walk campaign inspired by the 27 Years Nelson Mandela spent in prison.
Meet The Walker
My name is Onke Vulidobo Sitwayi the Co-founder of No One Left behind Foundation. Dedicated to secluded Villages and the Founder of Dream Out Loud Africa Pty Ltd.
I'm 31 years old, two times 27 days walker, a Village Child from the secluded
Villages of EasternCape, SouthAfrica embarking on his third 27 days walk campaign from PortElizabeth to Limpopo distance of 1435km, doing a minimum of 50km a day.
Walking from 6 am to 6 pm for 27 days to raise funds to improve the quality of
education,forcommunityUpliftingprograms, access to information and resources
in secluded villages. Let us continue to support this initiative until the dream is
realized until Onke can accomplish his dream of building a Pre School(kindergarten) for his village. To be Updated on the walk please follow @dreamoutloudsa on all social media platforms.
Our2030Vision: Uplifting lives through Education and Community programs.
Because of the lack o activities and engaging programs in Villages, there's a high rate of teenage pregnancy with young girls and money young boys turning to alcohol and drugs each day.
Our society is deteriorating. We need arts and performance programs. A monthly sports tournament where kids win food vouchers for their homes would be ideal as one of the active programs we can implement. We believe
If your environment shapes you and controls your thinking, what kind of future do we expect from our village children, what role can we expect them to play in this technology evolving world?.
Would you believe that in this fourth industrial revolution Era, Village High Schools have no access to libraries, Never used or seen a Computer in Person other than on advertising sections in Newspapers and there are no Chemistry labs for science students?
Since a majority of secluded Villages have no access to electricity our goal is to use old Shipping Containers, transform/recycle them into a two-storey building.
Library as the ground floor and a Computer Lab as the first floor. For each high school, we would need six 12.9m (40ft) in length containers,2.59m(8.6ft)heightand2.44m(8ft)wide.This structure would be using renewable energy which would create jobs for village people when building it and installing solar panels.
Get involved, be a donor and be part of the change. Thank you for your generous Donations.
- Jun 21, 2022 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "I believe in you. Keep going and be safe!" - Pavel
- Jun 20, 2022 - R 50.00
- "All the best Onke and team, we are behind you." - SK
- Jun 17, 2022 - USD $ 43.27 Fees covered
- "This is how we change the world; one step at a time. We are with you. ️️️" - Cecilia
- Jun 15, 2022 - USD $ 54.03 Fees covered
- "Beautiful vision and heart, you're not walking alone Onke! " - Sya
- May 12, 2022 - R 300.00
- "The vision will be complete. " - Panda Café
- Jan 29, 2022 - R 100.00 Fees covered
- "As we are getting closer to the day of the 3rd walk know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We see you ! It can be done . It will be done." - Lindo
- Oct 24, 2021 - USD $ 2.10 Fees covered
- "Great strides being made to make a difference in many a life " - Bonga
- Oct 23, 2021 - R 500.00
- "May God bless you kwinto yonke oyenzayo" - Nokonwaba
- Aug 19, 2021 - R 100.00 Fees covered
- "<3" - Palesa
- May 04, 2021 - USD $ 211.50 Fees covered
- "Great job guys." - Anonymous
- May 01, 2021 - R 300.00 Fees covered
- "Thank you for inspiring us to dare greatly. Onwards! " - Tsholofelo
- Apr 29, 2021 - R 500.00
- "It takes a village to raise a child and your village should be proud." - Andiswa Mashiya
- Apr 29, 2021 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "Well done guys! The future is brightKukhanyile,Kuqhakazile,Kuhle" - Lindo
- Apr 29, 2021 - R 50.00 Fees covered
- "Qhuba nto yakuthi. Sowufikile." - Anda Macuba
- Apr 24, 2021 - R 100.00
- "Keep moving, God sees you. " - Zenzeka
- Apr 20, 2021 - R 200.00
- "We behind you Onke and all the best for your initiative!" - Thandos
- Apr 19, 2021 - R 50.00
- "Great initiative! All the best to you" - Amanda Mnguni
- Apr 16, 2021 - USD $ 21.15 Fees covered
- "Courage, bless, and purpose! Keep going!" - Drew Armstrong
- Apr 12, 2021 - R 50.00
- "Keep walking bhuti." - Isenathi Mabutyana
- Apr 06, 2021 - R 500.00
- "You are an inspiration, from your family in the USA" - Stephanie Farrand
- Mar 30, 2021 - USD $ 66.60
- "Keep your spirit dancing. " - Janice Webster
- Mar 30, 2021 - R 500.00 Fees covered
- "Forward we go,May God finish the work he has started with you" - Linda
- Mar 29, 2021 - USD $ 105.68 Fees covered
- "You are VERY inspiring! Kepp going." - Anonymous
- Mar 29, 2021 - USD $ 70.45 Fees covered
- "Yussus Okes! Your gees is inspiring and we salute you on your journey " - Yussus Janine!
- Mar 29, 2021 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "Good luck Onke" - alkie
- Mar 29, 2021 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "Thank you for doing this! So inspiring! " - Robin
- Mar 29, 2021 - R 200.00
- "Heard your story on a podcast. Such a good initiative!!" - Nomcebo Hlophe
- Mar 29, 2021 - R 300.00 Fees covered
- "Respect!" - Rami
- Mar 22, 2021 - USD $ 35.91 Fees covered
- "Good luck" - Thandi
- Mar 07, 2021 - R 100.00 Fees covered
- "Umuntu nguMuntu ngaBantu " - Alakhe Thamae
- Feb 13, 2021 - R 400.00 Fees covered
- "Well done guys, super proud of you " - Ngwanathole Nong
- Feb 09, 2021 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "You almost there guys" - Lindo
- Feb 08, 2021 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "May we get to our target 🇿🇦" - APHE
- Feb 07, 2021 - R 200.00
- "Dream out loud" - Onke