3rd ride for SADAG
- By: Jennifer Wolter
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/3rd-ride-for-sadag
This November, I am once again riding the 94.7 Cycle Challenge in memory of my dearest friend Gillian. I will also be raising funds for the South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG). This will be my 3rd year riding for them. I can't wait to return to South Africa and support all of the amazing work they do!
SADAG just celebrated their 20th anniversary and is the largest mental health organization in the country. They provide support through 15 helplines (which receive over 400 calls a day) answered by 100 volunteer counselors, hundreds of school programs, distribution of speaking books, and over 250 support groups and counseling centers. 1 in 4 South Africans struggle with mental health problems, and there are an average of 23 suicides and over 230 attempts per day. SADAG is actively helping those that struggle withdepression, bipolar, trauma, panic and anxiety, substance abuse, and suicidal thoughts. I am honoured to help such a worthy cause!
- Nov 13, 2017 - USD $ 31.56
- "Good luck Jenn xx" - Sue Worthington
- Oct 27, 2017 - R 210.00
- "See you on the road. (from the side of the road, under an umbrella with a gin.)" - gmp
- Sep 27, 2017 - USD $ 39.38
- "Keep up the great work " - Laureen