Six Development ParaSurfers going to Nationals
- By: Fiona Sander
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/6-parasurfers-going-to-nationals
In April 2022, Thando, Emile, Diego, Raemondo, Tina and Cwenga competed in the Western Cape Para Surf Championships and earned an entry to compete at the South African Para Surfing Championships in Durban 29-31 July 2022. Although they make up a third of those who qualified, we feel these six are the most vulnerable and will not be able to attend without financial support.
The Roxy Davis Foundation is an NPO/PBO volunteer community-based program offering adaptive surfing and surf therapy to anyone with a disability. We are passionate about making the ocean accessible to all South Africans.
Four of our senior volunteers (Specialist Surf Coaches, Pediatric Physio) have made themselves available. They are sponsoring their time and skills for the four day trip to chaperone and support these 14-16-year-olds. The surfers need your help to cover the expenses to compete.
These six young surfers are the definition of inspiration. They do not let anyone define them by their abilities or where they come from. These Western Province Team members have broken boundaries already as they have only surfed ten times. Imagine what they will do during and after this challenging journey? This opportunity will shape these future young leaders and ensure inclusion is the norm everywhere in South Africa.
● Assisted airport transfers, air travel and extra baggage R60k
● Subsistence R20k
● Ability friendly accommodation R45k
● Adapted surfboards, wetsuits, lifejackets R15k
● Medical support R10k
- Jul 21, 2022 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck " - Anonymous
- Jul 21, 2022 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck" - Anonymous
- Jul 21, 2022 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck" - John
- May 27, 2022 - R 1 000.00
Wishing you all the best - well done on your achievement thus far." - Jenny
- May 25, 2022 - R 1 000.00
- "Best of Luck!" - Federico
- May 15, 2022 - R 500.00
- "Good luck to the parasurfers!!" - Christine Wragge
- May 15, 2022 - R 250.00
- "The BEST OF LUCK!! Enjoy!!" - Helen Millson
- May 12, 2022 - R 350.00
- "A fabulous initiative! Wishing you all the very best." - Wendy
- May 11, 2022 - R 500.00
- "All the best to you guys!" - Nikki
- May 11, 2022 - R 250.00
Good luck" - Tasleem Maker
- May 10, 2022 - USD $ 123.15
- "Lots of luck! Win or lose you are an inspiration! " - Karyn Moshal
- May 10, 2022 - R 500.00
- "May the waves support you and have a lot of fun!" - Jen
- May 07, 2022 - R 3 000.00
- "Great initiative! May you be blessed" - Wendy & Johan
- May 07, 2022 - R 2 000.00
- "This is such an incredible project. Wishing you all the best. " - Anonymous
- May 06, 2022 - R 1 000.00
- "Have the best time! So proud." - Ap27
Donations to dateR 46 241.96
Fundraising targetR 150 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 31 500.00 Donate
Roxy Davis Foundation NPC
Passion with Purpose leads to Possibility for all People.
The Roxy Davis Foundation aims to affect meaningful evidence-based change in people's lives by improving their mental and physical well-being through ocean-based therapy programmes. We focus on ability, not a disability; we focus on wellness, not illness, we adapt to your needs and make it possible for anyone to experience the thrill of the ocean. Every month we host a free Surf Therapy Clinic - join our tribe and let's surf together.
By using progressive structured ocean-based therapy programmes we are able to affect meaningful evidence-based change in people’s lives by improving participants mental and physical well-being.