A helping hand for a loving father
- By: Samantha Parrish
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/a-helping-hand-for-a-loving-father
We've just received a message about a father trying to do his best for his little girl but he needs a helping hand. Stan Howitz from Cape Town writes: I have been observing a father every morning and evening, pouring rain and sunshine, he rides with his daughter on the bars of his bicycle to the drop her off at the school near us. It broke my heart...
Last week the school had an evening function and the same dad arrived in the pelting rain to fetch his little girl. Taking off his jacket and lovingly covering her with it to keep her dry, he put her on the bicycle to ride home. He must have been drenched. Well that was the last straw. I saw them yesterday and went to chat with Franko and told his daughter that we are going to buy her a new bicycle, as she is just too big to ride on her dad's bike. Today, Joshua Horwitz and I went half and bought her the bike and kit.
Franko then told us his story. I know there are millions of similar stories but this is HIS story and everyone deserves to have their story told. He was living in Joe Slovo Park - an informal settlement - until recently when he was most violently attacked - for the second time - and nearly bled to death. Him and his family now live in a small room on the back of someone's property in Milnerton. He is a gardener and a handyman & is in desperate need of extra income to get his little girl through school. He's a warm, well-spoken, gentle, kind man who clearly is a devoted dad. He only has a few days work every week and urgently needs work.
We'd like to raise a "rainy day" fund to support Franko and his family. Everyone is battling and a helping hand goes a long way to make someone's life easier. Please consider donating or if you have work in the Milnerton area, please reach out.
- Aug 18, 2018 - R 2 056.40
- "Every girl needs a Hero " - Heloise
- Aug 15, 2018 - R 740.30
- "Hopefully this helps contribute to you moving forward." - The Gebens
- Aug 14, 2018 - R 180.00
- "Wishing you all the very best for the future... All the way from Gauteng. " - Glen Kier
- Aug 13, 2018 - R 500.00
- "?" - Anonymous
- Aug 13, 2018 - R 510.00
- "Best wishes" - Shelagh
- Aug 10, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Best wishes" - Asanda
- Aug 10, 2018 - R 308.46
- "All the best Franko, you live in a great hood. I wish I could give you more!" - Jacqui
- Aug 09, 2018 - R 250.00
- "Wishing you and your family all the best. Gavin Shulman and family" - Gavin Shulman
- Aug 09, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Wishing you all the best! " - Stace & Dave
- Aug 09, 2018 - USD $ 15.58
- "We hope things improve for you and wish you all the very best" - Debbi
- Aug 09, 2018 - USD $ 15.58
- "This is all I'm able to give right now. Sending blessings to you and your family xx" - Jen
- Aug 09, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Best wishes" - Natasha
- Aug 08, 2018 - R 370.15
- "It is clear that Franko has touched the hearts of many people. May love and kindness prevail. May you and your family find a home with more space and may you be blessed with much love." - Stan Horwitz
The Angel Network
The Angel Network is a voluntary organization, run solely via the power of social media. We are a registered NPO (181-947NPO). Our goal is to create a gateway for giving. A platform from which helping the helpless will become easily accessible to anyone wanting to do a little more, and give a little more. The Angel Network enables, facilitates and mobilises acts of kindness.