ADDIS/ Clifton Lifesaving Optimist in the The Great Optimist Race
- By: ADDIS/ Clifton Lifesaving
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/acl-optimist
Support our ADDIS/ Clifton Lifesaving Optimist dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
Founded in 1956 Clifton is one of the oldest surf lifesaving clubs in South Africa. Originally located on 1st beach the club relocated to its current location on 4th beach in the late 1970's. The club has a rich history of both local and international competition.
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 22, 2019 - R 1 000.00
Snapscan" - James Thomson
- Oct 22, 2019 - R 500.00
Snapscan" - Donovan Brown
- Oct 21, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Be great in all little things... May the wind be at your back all the way Clifton" - Buttons
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Keep it up ... ????" - Anton&Dale
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Love you, Hilton. " - Robert O'Brien
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Snapscan" - Ian Liddle
- Oct 16, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Snapscan" - Craig Mockford
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good luck Clifton and Hilton! " - Anonymous
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 5 000.00
- "Go team Clifton!" - Greg Love
- Sep 29, 2019 - R 1 800.00
- "Good luck Hilton!" - Anonymous
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.