Adam's Cape Town Cycle Tour 2017 for Mamelani Projects
- By: Adam Cooper
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/adams-cycle-tour-2017-for-mamelani-pro2016
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes – one that contributes to community health and wellbeing and another that supports youth in transition. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who have grown up in state care (Child and Youth Care Centres and former Children’s homes) who, when they turn 18, need to move on from these institutions. Mamelani’s Programme ensures that these young people do not fall through the gaps at this critical time and ensures that they are emotionally and practically prepared for the next chapter of their lives.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to these young people in ways that truly enable them to have the confidence to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals and the resilience to deal with the challenges that they are faced with. The support we provide focuses on resilience building activities, support for further education, and the opportunity to start a paid internship and ultimately prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the young people that Mamelani works with.
- Feb 04, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Go Ad Enjoy" - Mel Alp
- Jan 29, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Phew- that's a long ride ....." - Martin
- Jan 23, 2017 - R 102.82
- "enjoy the ride" - David Cooper
- Jan 23, 2017 - USD $ 14.81
- "Do it do it do it" - Phil
- Jan 23, 2017 - R 260.00
- "Have a great ride!!" - Brenda Cooper
- Jan 23, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Good luck Ads!" - Linda Cooper
- Jan 22, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Go Adam" - Peter Cooper
- Jan 22, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Good luck my son!" - Ben Sanders
- Jan 21, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Adam" - Hal Cooper
- Jan 20, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Yay for Ad!! XXX" - Sara Cooper
- Jan 20, 2017 - R 224.15
- "Here's R2 per golden sweat drip (a gold sweat drip occurs every km) - imagine the sound in your mind as your legs begin to burn: 'ka-ching! ... ka-ching!...ka-ching!'" - Meghan
- Jan 20, 2017 - USD $ 14.70
- "Riding for the dream!" - Gil
- Jan 20, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Go Adam! " - Kyla-Rose Smith
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here