Get Adriano to Manchester 2020
- By: Teryl Almano
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/adriano-almano
My son Adriano’s soccer team, Stephanian Ottery FC, has been invited to participate in the 2020 Manchester Cup.
The tournament is a stage for teams from around the world to come and perform in front of English Premier League scouts, all looking to find the future stars of the game. This is an absolute dream come true, and to have THIS dream realised at the tender age of 11 is just mind-blowing. There are 21 boys in the touring squad, the majority of whom have never been on an airplane before. It is an opportunity for them to have fun and play soccer on a global stage, meet and make friends from other countries and create memories that will be with them and inspire them for the rest of their lives.
We, the parents and coaches of these amazing and talented boys, carry their hopes and dreams together with the heavy financial burden of needing to raise approximately R630 000 to make this amazing possibility a reality for each and every one of them (approximately R30 000 per boy to cover flights, accommodation and tournament fees).
The realisation of a dream is indeed priceless but the journey to get there is unfortunately not. It is with this in mind that we embark on a back a buddy campaign for each of the boys to raise sufficient funds and guarantee that all 21 boys board the plane and allow this amazing possibility to unfold into the phenomenal, life-changing opportunity that it will be.
Breakdown of costs:
The tournament is in April 2020 however the airfares and tournament fees are due in the next two months, August/ September 2019. The visa payments will be early next year.
Tournament Fees = $650 = approx. R9 050 at the current rate of exchange (ROE)
Airfare = approx. R13 000 and may fluctuate due to ROE
Visa and service fee = R2500
Train trip to Manchester = approx. R1200
Kit = approx. R3000
Reserve for the possible rate of exchange fluctuation 250
The impact of reaching our target is that Adriano will be able to experience his first ever flight on an airplane to a foreign country and also attend and participate in the 2020 Manchester Cup. Life-changing experience at such a young age. We appeal to you for any contribution, no matter how small as anything and everything will be appreciated. Take this opportunity to contribute to and be a part of this journey by helping us make this dream come true!
The parents of the 21 touring boys have been advised to start individual fundraising campaigns so the donations will be allocated to each of our accounts and then available for deposit payments to the airline and tournament organisers.
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Good Luck !! Enjoy and be safe !" - Melody
- Aug 06, 2019 - R 50.75
- "Good luck! " - Simone Peters
- Aug 04, 2019 - R 101.50
- "#everybithelps " - Jody
- Aug 02, 2019 - R 203.00
- "All the best Ad...enjoy" - Lance Scholtz
- Aug 02, 2019 - R 1 522.50
- "Good luck little man! " - Nicky
- Aug 02, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Have a blast and remember to have fun...." - Charl De Morny
- Aug 01, 2019 - USD $ 50.00
- "I’d give more if it was an Oval ball ????????????. Goodluck neph " - Marcel
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 5 141.00
- "Good luck Ad - see you in the world cup in the not too distant future" - Ray
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 1 522.50
- "Anything for this little super star ???? ??" - Melis
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good Job Adie!!!" - Emily Rose
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good luck Adie!!!????????????" - Riley Mullins
- Aug 01, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Lets get our boys on a plane to Manchester!! #everylittlebitwillhelp:-)" - Ally T