- By: Dalene
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/african-tails
At African Tails our main focus is sterilize as many dogs and cats as we can, by being proactive instead of reactive we hope to curb the overpopulation of animals that often leads to neglect or abuse.
We rely purely on public donations to carry out our sterilization campaigns as well the treatments, interventions, re-homing’s and education that comes with it.
In the next 6 months we would like to sterilize at least 1000 cats and dogs in the Townships and informal settlements in the Western Cape.
Please Help Us Spread The Word: Share This Post
Why Sterilization is important, particularly in low-income areas:
- There are not enough loving homes for all the cats and dogs.
- Prevents unwanted litters
- Prevents cruelty and neglect
- Improves animal health
- Decreases aggressive animal behaviour
- Decreases the number of strays
- Prevents unnecessary euthanasia of animals
Did you know?
One Dog & her offspring can produce 67,000 dogs in 6 years
One Cat & her offspring can produce 420,000 cats in 7 years.
To sterilize and deworm one animal costs R650. If you’re unable to contribute financially to our cause please share our campaign with your networks so we can prevent unnecessary euthanasia of animals in our townships.
- Sep 07, 2018 - USD $ 37.17
- "Keep doing the work you do. " - Bronwen
- Sep 05, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Keep up the good work." - Karin Munro
Donations to dateR 10 672.60
Fundraising targetR 32 500.00
Funds raised offlineR 10 000.00 Donate
African Tails' main focus is to curb the cycle of over-population of street dogs through regular Mass Sterilisation Campaigns in Townships and informal settlements in the Western Cape. Since 2006, we Sterilized 11,415 animals, Re-homed 1,898 cats and dogs and subsidised 3,034 Medical Treatments
One female cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 cats in 7 years.
One female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 dogs in 6 years.