Can you help Alternatives to Violence Project Eastern Cape?
- By: people of all ages working to prevent violence
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/alternatives-to-violence-project-eastern-c
We conduct 2-day workshops of the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) which show how conflict doesn't need to lead to violence. We do workshops for teachers, learners, community groups, private citizens. We receive many requests because our workshops are empowering, sometimes life-changing, experiences. Our facilitators are well-trained and enthusiastic but many work part-time or are unemployed so they need to receive a stipend. Each workshop costs us at least R5,000 (about $300).
Thank you SO much to those who have already donated to AVP Eastern Cape. Please consider making a small monthly contribution to help make our workshops ongoing. Our communities (and politicians!) desperately need conflict management skills and these workshops really do make a difference.
For more information about AVP workshops, see https://avp.international/ You can also click on AVP around the world to see where AVP is active.
- Nov 02, 2020 - USD $ 10.00
- "Hola desde facinas" - Hortensia
- Nov 01, 2020 - USD $ 12.29
- "From London with love" - Grazyna
- Oct 29, 2020 - R 200.00
- "So excited for the youth to experience this personally transforming programme" - Anonymous
- Oct 29, 2020 - USD $ 15.25
- "Greetings and good luck from London!" - Piers
- Oct 29, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Peace be with the peacemakers!" - Anonymous
- Oct 24, 2020 - R 500.00
- ""Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means"" - Mabee
- Oct 18, 2020 - USD $ 12.11
- "Very best wishes with the project" - Alex Laird
- Oct 04, 2020 - USD $ 12.09
- "Fight for peace peacefully " - David
- Oct 03, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Great work " - Joan Peters
- Apr 23, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Go ... violence busters!" - Anonymous
Southern Africa Development, Research and Training Institute
The Institute’s greatest strength is its ability to design and implement high impact programmes. With a holistic approach, complex problems are analysed and programmes are designed by integrating and synthesising the learning gained over decades by specialists with ‘hands-on’ experience. These programmes take into account historical successes and failures, the practicalities of current realities, and the future direction needed for success.
To date, the Institute has provided services in the following areas: poverty alleviation strategies, community facilitation and participation processes including memory and trauma healing, social compact processes, heritage policy development, skills development strategies, integrated youth development programmes, conflict management and violence prevention, integration of arts, culture and sports into social development programmes and integrated HIV/Aids programmes. A detailed list of projects can be found on our website.