Help Amakhaya Amabini Grow
- By: Alexandra Norrish, Angela Hutchison, Marcia Joubert, Tracy Gander
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/amakhaya-amabini-fundraiser
Amakhaya Amabini is a non-profit programme which brings together families who have never met to stand in solidarity through crisis. It is our answer to ensuring that vulnerable families have enough to live on during hard times without compromising social distancing and human dignity. Visit our Backabuddy charity profile.
In April/May we piloted the programme with the Ottery Community Action Network and Girls Matter. What we love about the pairing households concept is the immediate and direct impact it is having on households for a sustained period.
Scale up our social impact
We are a team of volunteers who manage the signups, matching and connecting, and we really want to scale up this concept and reach even more households in need. Imagine the impact of thousands of Blues helping thousands of Greens identified by community champions and non-profits!
We are raising funds to assist with the running costs as well as to allow us to fine-tune our processes as we build an affiliate network. Ultimately so that we can scale our social impact!
In order to grow, we need funds to:
- Market to and grow our network of “Blue households”
- Identify key partners and community champions
- Optimise and package our back-office process
- Collaborate with experts to refine our business model
Donate to our running costs
We rely on the generosity and support from our community. Our marketing efforts and the day-to-day running costs add up, and we could not enlist new Blue household’s without this support. No amount is too small!
We'll also use the funds to:
- Income for part-time intern and administrative staff
- Host our website
- Boost campaigns on social media
- Pay for bulk SMS fees
- Contribute to data costs of our Community Champions
- Administrative costs
Many thanks for supporting our mission!
Alexandra, Angela, Marcia and Tracy
Learn more about us on our website, or follow our progress on social media: