Help Amy Foundation send 86 kids to well-deserved end of year camp!
- By: Amy Foundation
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/amy-foundation-camp-2019
Do you remember the excitement of your first camp? Your first time sleeping under the stars? Your first time singing songs around a campfire? Many of our township children have never had the opportunity to experience this and that is why we need your help to send 86 disadvantaged children on a camp at the end of the year!
The end of the year camp is always the most anticipated and popular event among our learners at the Amy Foundation. While the preparation for the camp is a massive endeavour for all of the Amy Foundation staff and facilitators, all of the time invested is rewarded with the happiness of the children and the personal growth evident in each of them.
The children attending the camp are from both the townships of Gugulethu and Bonteheuwel, creating a diverse camp environment that fosters not only cooperation but friendship and strong devotion to one another. In addition to a variety of fun, team-building activities, our learners will have the opportunity to explore many real issues such as gender-based violence, gangsterism and consider ways in which they can become heroes in their communities.
To reward our hard-working and dedicated learners with this special, impactful experience, we need your help. This year, our goal is to take 86 children from our after-school programmes to our annual camp.
Please help us reach our goal of raising R 45 000 | $ 3000 | 2700 Euros which is only R523 | $ 35 | 32 Euros per child for a two night, three-day camp.
We hope that you choose to support this camp as what we can offer these children at camp is directly related to the amount of money that we raise.
This end-of-year camp is so much greater than a three-day experience. In many ways, these children have not had the privilege of just being children—of being carefree and happy. They have been forced to fight the odds with countless responsibilities and everyday pressures through navigating violence and poverty in their communities. This camp provides the opportunity for the children to escape from these daily challenges and enjoy a time and space where they can feel safe, free, and happy.
We are all extremely grateful for your generosity and support of the Amy Foundation.
Together we can change lives!
- Nov 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Goodluck BHS dance crew - dance your hearts out!! " - Stephanie
- Nov 26, 2019 - USD $ 67.84
- "Enjoy the trip!" - Niklas Wiertz
- Nov 23, 2019 - USD $ 33.98
- "Keep up the good work!" - Kat
- Nov 17, 2019 - R 507.50
- "sending love and praying for changed lives!" - Sue Halliday
- Nov 12, 2019 - USD $ 70.00
- "Succes Ryordan! " - Willem van Harskamp
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Enjoy the camp :)" - Amy
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 537.75
- "Have the best time! " - gill
- Nov 01, 2019 - USD $ 35.00
- "Baie pret!!" - Pee & Vee
- Oct 31, 2019 - USD $ 35.00
- "Have fun Ryo" - Geert Zegers
- Oct 31, 2019 - USD $ 27.00
- "Have fun ryo with the children " - Eva zegers
- Oct 30, 2019 - USD $ 68.00
- "We wish all the kids lots of fun! Greetings from the The Netherlands!" - Roberto Fiscalini & Patrick Link (Utrecht/NL)
- Oct 30, 2019 - USD $ 20.00
- "have fun" - Anonymous
- Oct 30, 2019 - USD $ 35.00
- "Succes!" - Trees
- Oct 30, 2019 - USD $ 30.00
- "Happy holidays!" - Rens
- Oct 29, 2019 - USD $ 36.00
- "Great work! Lots of fun for the participants!" - Ruth
- Oct 29, 2019 - USD $ 35.00
- "Success with the project!" - Hanny van Harskamp
- Oct 29, 2019 - USD $ 70.00
- "Have a good time" - Lenie en Freek
- Oct 29, 2019 - USD $ 71.00
- "Have fun" - Jasper
- Oct 26, 2019 - USD $ 70.00
- "Have fun!!!" - Trudy Kiela & Annemieke Kiela
- Oct 11, 2019 - USD $ 34.81
- "Good luck! :)" - Elke van Bogget
- Oct 11, 2019 - USD $ 29.96
- "love you all!!!(:" - Emily Carson
- Oct 11, 2019 - USD $ 33.28
- "good luck with your donation" - Lenie van Bogget
- Oct 10, 2019 - USD $ 32.92
- "camp " - Sarah
- Oct 10, 2019 - USD $ 34.44
- ":)" - Anna Grace Davis
- Oct 10, 2019 - R 102.82
- "yay! " - mishiemoo