Amy's Back to Back Comrades for Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust
- By: Amy Dawson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/amys-back-to-back-comrades-for-hillcrest
So this year I will be taking on the dreaded up run but all in the name of Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust. I genuinely could not be more excited!
As many of you know, I grew up in KwaZulu Natal and know first hand the impact HIV/AIDS has on our beautiful province never mind the individuals and families who sadly have to face this disease.
However, it is not a death sentence and HACT is doing phenomenal work down in the Valley of a 1000 Hills that is changing lives. From incredible outreach programs working with grandmas of orphaned children to teaching people how to use crafts to make a living, HACT is at the forefront of this battle against HIV/AIDS combined with unthinkable poverty that often goes hand in hand with it.
This year I aim to raise over R10 000 to help the centre with their youth program in particular but also their wider program including funding beds in the respite unit.
So go ahead and chuck us a tenner! Even giving up one Friday night draught could go as far as funding a night in the respite unit. I would really, really appreciate the support! And think of all those incredible people in the Valley who will benefit in ways you cannot even begin to imagine!
Your donations will be going to an amazing cause, one that is so inspiring its actually made me WANT to lace up and run all the way to Maritzburg! (AGAIN!)
ALSO do yourself a favour and pop onto the website at:
You can see all the amazing work they are doing. And even better, pop into the centre in Hillcrest if you are in the area. You will not be disappointed.
- May 06, 2019 - USD $ 30.00
- "Hills are your friends!" - Dan Ward
- Jan 27, 2019 - USD $ 93.98
- "Money from Doms and Ben" - Money from FB
- Jan 27, 2019 - USD $ 65.96
- "Rather you than me! Very happy to support you in this Amy" - Liz and Jim
- Jan 20, 2019 - USD $ 72.30
- "So proud of you, Ame ... Proud of your commitment on the road and also to raising funds for these guys. " - Mom
- Jan 15, 2019 - USD $ 108.95
- "You sold me on helping the Hillcrest aids center" - Barbs
- Jan 13, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good cause Amy ... my youngest brother died from this insidious disease" - Michele Wallis
- Jan 11, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Good luck!" - Vivo
- Jan 10, 2019 - R 600.00
- "Your mother’s a pretty hard case ..." - Mom’s kick off
- Jan 09, 2019 - USD $ 71.62
- "GO GO GO! X" - Specto Marine
Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust (HACT)
The Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust (HACT) is a registered Non-Profit organisation dedicated to tackling South Africa’s HIV/AIDS pandemic through practical, sustainable and community-led projects that include HIV health care, HIV prevention and education, skills development and training and economic empowerment.