- By: Ann Buckley
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/ann-buckley
My name is Ann Buckley. I am 44 and I live in Cape Town.
I was diagnosed with aggressive stage 1 breast cancer in Feb 2018 on Valentines Day. I was on temporary disability leave until January 2019. I am not copying financially with basic needs such as rent, food, creche fees, and medical bills.
I had a right-hand-side lumpectomy, a week later a full mastectomy, then chemotherapy and radiation and currently, I am on Herceptin injections until 2020.
I am in arrears with my rent and I am afraid that I may be given notice. My kids and I regularly eat porridge, peanut butter sandwiches, and canned foods. I have been without transport for a month or more because my car needs repairs.
I would first need to pay my rent of R2248 for November, R3748 for April and electricity as needed. Creche fees in arrears since 2018 (R6500), Morton & Partners, Pathcare, prescription meds, and vitamins. Fruit and veg for healthy meals... and minor car repairs.
I am a single mother of three: one male adolescent (23) and unemployed, a 15-year-old in grade 10 and 4-year-old attending creche. My eldest is not currently able to find work.
I have been struggling to feed my kids, buy meds and vitamins needed for recovery. I drive myself to the hospital, my kids to school. I realised that if I don't swallow my pride and ask for help I will be on the street with my kids... I have no way of recovering from my financial crisis if I don't ask for help. I suffer from chronic hypertension, cluster headaches which I believe is due to stress. I just want to concentrate on recovery for now...
My favorite pastime is hiking and I hope to be able to hike more when I am better.
Funds will be paid directly to various service providers by BackABuddy except food costs which will go directly into the beneficiary's account.
- May 20, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Love you Ann" - Elisabetta
- May 16, 2019 - R 100.00
- "I dont know you but wish you all the best" - Karl
- May 05, 2019 - R 253.75
- "Hope things are going a bit better for you since your last post x" - Tina Wiener
- Apr 17, 2019 - R 3 084.60
- "My friend all I want is for you to get well and be happy and cant wait to see you doing what you love hiking up the mountains and exploring. Love you my friend with God all things are possible xxx " - Haroon & shenaaz
- Apr 16, 2019 - USD $ 105.20
- "I want to see you well and up for life again. " - Anonymous
- Apr 16, 2019 - USD $ 65.39
- "Anne, you are so brave and strong. Im not sure what the next months will bring, but know you are in our prays." - Clinton
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 411.28
- "All the best, old neighbour" - Anonymous
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best Ann" - Anonymous
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 3 010.00
- "How can I help, please wattsapp me. Love you and your fam." - Gavin Clarence
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 304.50
- "Shame man Ann, thinking of you all ????" - Tina de Jongh Wiener
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Thinking of you during this time, lotsa love!" - Achmat Jackson