Ann China Walk
- By: ann bennetts
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/annchina
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
I will be taking up a special challenge on the 3rd April 2009. Our team is a group of South African ladies who will be travelling to Beijing in China to commence the "China Challenge " along the Great Wall of China.
As part of my venture I will be collecting money in aid of CHOC. This organisation is involved in providing support to improve the well-being of children with cancer and life-threatening blood disorders. In addition this challenge has personal meaning to me as I am myself am a cancer survivor and I would like to give back to "our children" and their families in facing the disease.
The fundraising trek will involve 7 days of walking along the wall at an average of 8 hours a day through varying terrain and passing through remote parts of China. In order to take part in this challenge I have committed myself to raising R60, 000 for CHOC. R30,000 of the total target will be through "back a buddy" . Please note that I will be paying all my travelling costs myself.
Should you be able to assist in any way for this appeal and wish to support "CHOC" I will be most grateful. I would be pleased to raise the media of "company name" through your support of me in this challenge, and can meet with you to discuss how to do this. Encloses please find an attachment with CHOC ‘s endorsement .
I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you can be involved in this project no matter how small your contribution may be.
- Apr 02, 2009 - R 500.00
- "Enjoy the hike Ann. Pat" - Pat
- Mar 26, 2009 - R 500.00
- "Fantastic cause, well done." - Greg K
- Mar 26, 2009 - R 300.00
- "all the best Taryn" - Taryn
- Mar 19, 2009 - R 1 500.00
- "good luck from CSC" - CSC
- Mar 14, 2009 - R 1 000.00
- "Good Luck Annie luv Pete and Cath" - Cathren Armstrong
- Mar 11, 2009 - R 500.00
- "love and blessing Erica" - Erica
- Mar 04, 2009 - R 720.00
- "raffle proceeds" - Ann
- Feb 18, 2009 - R 500.00
- "Good luck Ann, will be thinking of you" - Lesley
- Feb 11, 2009 - R 1 000.00
- "good luck Ann -regards doreen" - Ann
- Feb 06, 2009 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck friend" - Louise
- Feb 05, 2009 - R 240.00
- "raffle proceeds" - Ann raffle proceeds
- Jan 27, 2009 - R 500.00
- "From Cycle Lab & Graham Buys" - Nouchy
- Dec 11, 2008 - R 1 000.00
- "good luck mom" - aidan
- Nov 27, 2008 - R 250.00
- "Everything of the best for this exciting chalenge. Rosemary & Peter" - Rosemary & Peter
- Nov 12, 2008 - R 100.00
- "As always you are giving of yourself to others.Everything of the best.Paddy" - Paddy
- Nov 11, 2008 - R 2 000.00
- ""In kindness is true wisdom". Lots of good wishes and strength. Margie and Pat" - Margie and Pat
- Oct 16, 2008 - R 500.00
- "this it to start my fund raising " - Ann
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is the only organisation in South Africa that provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. CHOC has a head office in Johannesburg, six regional offices, two branches, and 12 accommodation facilities close to treatment centres. CHOC relies heavily on corporate sponsors, donations from groups or individuals wanting to make a difference in the lives of these little ones.
Their comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care of children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC also plays a leading advocacy role and promotes early detection to save lives nationally.