Annie and Henry's Mamelani Argus challenge!
- By: Annie and Henry
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/annie-and-henrys-mamelani-argus-challenge
A child that has been living in a children's home or in a state care facility is forced to leave at the age 18. Many of these young people are not ready for this transition and without adequate support, after years of stability, they struggle to stay in school, attend skills training programmes and find meaningful work. Mamelani's programme ensures that they are supported through this transition and are able to remain focused, motivated and move forward in their lives.
This year I have decided to do my bit for South African youth and take on a challenge! I have become a Mamelani Mover and will be taking part in this years Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Challenge.
R4500 allows one young person to complete a paid internship, providing them with the opportunity to gain access to the world of work, technical experience and money management skills. Together the Mamelani Movers Argus team would like to secure enough funds to allow 5 youth to be a part of this process. So come on and back me on my adventure and goal to raise R2000. Together we can make a difference!
- Feb 27, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Get that MotaData V10 power pedaling!" - Richard Scrooby
- Feb 22, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Push those pedals" - Susan and John Howard
- Feb 21, 2014 - R 400.00
- "Mediterranean Foods wishes you all the best!" - Alistair Wood & Brian Sacks
- Feb 20, 2014 - R 300.00
- "Good luck" - Karen Hulett
- Feb 19, 2014 - R 2 000.00
- "Good luck" - Guy, Joanna & Adrian from BTC
- Feb 15, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Super impressed! Good luck with this latest challenge. 109km, that is a lot of peddling!xxx" - Caroline and Ed
- Feb 13, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good luck guys!! Hope it's more fun than pain!" - Matt
- Feb 07, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Go girls!" - Kevster
- Feb 05, 2014 - R 200.00
- "I thought i'd get the process started...." - Annie
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here