Anton Botha Dialysis
- By: Anton Botha
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/anton-botha-5693073786314349155
- Date Created: 31 August 2023
R 5 502
R 5 502
R 100 000
R 100 000
Due to Steve Biko Hospital refusing any further dialysis treatments after end of April, as according to them he was not a candidate for a kidney transplant, we were forced to make arrangements for private dialysis treatments as without these treatments he will not survive for more than a few weeks. They refused to do a kidney transplant even though he had a serious donor.
Because of his kidney failure, he is no longer employed and he has no medical aid. However, by the grace of God working in people’s hearts, we received donations for dialysis until approximately February 2024. Anton has applied for medical aid cover which kicks in on 1 September, but they will only cover dialysis after a year’s membership, which will be 1 September 2024. We desperately need funds to cover dialysis for the gap period of approximately 6 months.
He has applied for UIF, but his first attempt was unsuccessful. He has applied again and we are waiting for the outcome. Obviously he also needs money to cover his everyday costs. He does a bit of maintenance here and there and this keeps the wolves from the door.
I (his mother) am a SASSA pensioner and do translations from time to time, which I wil obviousy do my best to support him when and how I can.
Please let me know if you can assist in any way to raise funds. The cost of the dialysis is R1,700/treatment and he receiveds dialysis every third day. Approximate total cost to cover gap period is R100,000.
- Feb 28, 2024 - USD $ 56.65 Fees covered
- "Greater is God within you than he who is in this world. Focus on Him and not Him your circumstance. I pray for healing for you.." - Anonymous
- Feb 28, 2024 - USD $ 270.13 Fees covered
- "We will try to help more later in March, brother. All the glory to God and Jesus Christ!!" - Brother in Christ