beCAUSEweTRI - Ironman 70.3 Durban
- By: Brad Senekal
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/becausewetri-ironman-703-durban
On 19th of June, at the IronMan70.3 race in Durban, I’m going to take on my first ever ULTRA TRIATHLON to raise funds and awareness for 3 awesome charities.
Many of you will be aware I started this journey #beCAUSEweTRI about a year ago with friends… And now its getting crazy SERIOUS! The challenge is mammoth as I'll be MORE THAN QUADRUPLING the distances of the races we’ve become used to!
Here's the pain / plan:
With your help:
I’ll SWIM 4 CLEAN WATER (1.9kms / 1.2miles).
Then I’ll BIKE 4 JOBS & SKILLS (90kms / 56miles).
Then I’ll RUN 4 KIDS INTO SAFE FAMILIES (21.1kms / 13.1miles).
Triathlon complete (Brad collapsed on the floor)!
I managed to secure the last "charity entry" for this race. That meant I committed to raise funds for IRONMAN4THEKIDS Foundation... INCREDIBLY thanks to some friends, we’ve ALREADY raised R10,000 (USD$630 / GBP440) for 10 children’s charities supported through that foundation!!! DONE! DUSTED!
MY GOAL NOW is to RAISE a further R20,000 (USD$1,260 / GBP880) for the 3 amazing causes we so deeply believe in: Hand of Hope, Sparrow Society, and Family+1. 100% of the money I receive will be split evenly and go directly to these charities.
CLICK ON THE DONATE BUTTON NOW TO CONTRIBUTE :)
*A side note to my foreign friends: the South African RAND is at a particularly weak place at the moment, so even a small USD or GBP or Euro etc contribution would go much further than you may think! Go on, leverage to the max!
**I've put in 2,300kms (1,430miles) of all round training over the past 5 months alone for this... many early mornings, and late nights, so your support is not taken lightly... I value deeply whatever amount you can invest/give!
***Check out our uber-fantastic video to learn a bit more about the #beCAUSEweTRI story...}
Alaistair Walmsley - Puresurvey - R6,000
Lisa Hudson Peacock - Southwood Financial Planning (*Monthly donation direct to Sparrow Society)
Mike Massingham - R500
Sean Shiels - R500
Adam Carter - R1,235
Hazel Wilson - R500
Frederick Senekal R1,000
- Jun 30, 2016 - R 5 141.00
- "Go Brad" - N & R Morf
- Jun 16, 2016 - R 1 705.78
- "We believe in you and the cause. " - Greg & Kristin
- Jun 16, 2016 - R 391.98
- "You're going to kill it!" - Casey
- Jun 14, 2016 - R 1 028.20
- "This is awesome! " - Steve
- Jun 13, 2016 - USD $ 523.29
- "Go Brad!" - David and Shelly Meyer
- Jun 08, 2016 - USD $ 72.00
- "Very impressed with what you're taking on here and the charities you're supporting! Em and Nash xx" - Emma L-S and Nash Adjaye
- Jun 04, 2016 - USD $ 13.95
- "Love your intiative - very inspiring! Keep doing what you're doing." - N.R:
- May 31, 2016 - R 3 010.00
- "Come on Brad!!!" - Andrew Schultz