Christmas Lunch for Benoni Charities with #GivingTuesdaySA
- By: Susan Daly
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/benoni-charities-for-givingtuesday
Please help us to provide a beautiful Christmas lunch for our children and families living in the Benoni community.
This #GivingTuesdaySA we are calling on our local community of Benoni to care for children and families IN Benoni. These four charities, local to Benoni and all started by local Benoni residents, need YOUR help to kickstart Christmas on #GivingTuesday on 3 December 2019.
On this one special day, you can help FOUR charities to make a BIG difference to hundreds of children and families in Benoni. Can you make a cash donation towards our Christmas lunches and food hampers for the children and families who long to celebrate the festive season? Collectively we want to raise funds to feed everyone this Christmas. We commit to equally sharing the money raised between each of the four charities so that everyone can celebrate Christmas.
- Home-Start SA is focused on early intervention, starting by connecting families to resources and helping them reach their full potential. homestart.org.za We need to send Christmas Food hampers into our homes.
- Kids Haven offers a second chance to children and youth who need care and protection after they have faced serious challenges in their family circumstances. kidshaven.org.za We need to host a special Christmas lunch for 100+ children who live at Kids Haven and who do not have family that they can go to.
- Life Choices exists to ensure that pregnant women and new moms have a place to work through their emotions, fears and future hopes. lifechoicesbenoni.co.za We need to give 120 new moms and their babies a special Christmas hamper to enjoy on Christmas Day.
- The Almond Tree provides a safe haven to abandoned babies and young children. thealmondtree.co.za We need to provide lunch to our children, including our toddlers, this Christmas.
Following the widely recognised shopping events, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, at the end of November, this year’s #GivingTuesdaySA will take place on 3 December 2019 and will kick off the Festive season by inspiring everyone to think about others and give back. #GivingTuesday is a worldwide event to encourage generosity after the shopping bonanza of #BlackFriday.History of Giving Tuesday Movement
Founded in 2012 by a small group of passionate friends in New York City, #GivingTuesday has inspired millions of people to give back and support the causes they believe in. #GivingTuesday encourages everyone to simply be GENEROUS and give donations, volunteer hours, donations of food and clothing, and do acts of kindness for those in need.
“We are incredibly inspired by the way the #GivingTuesday community has embraced this concept for a worldwide movement,” said Henry Timms, founder of #GivingTuesday. “As we prepare for 3 December, we’re energised and encouraged by the community’s generosity. The levels of creativity, effort and the quality of the new ideas people have contributed and shared are phenomenal.” About #GivingTuesdaySA - For more details about the #GivingTuesdaySA movement, visit the #GivingTuesdaySA website http://givingtuesdaysa.org/ , social media or follow #GivingTuesdaySA.
- Dec 09, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Merry Christmas! Wish you all the joy and happiness you deserve!" - BAIJU
- Dec 05, 2019 - R 110.00
Thank you for feeding families in need!" - Tamaryn Nell
- Dec 04, 2019 - USD $ 34.12
- "Such a great idea! " - Pia
- Dec 03, 2019 - USD $ 34.07
- "Love this campaign and all that it stands for! Happy Holidays to Benoni!" - Laura P
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 253.75
- "Blessed Christmas to you all" - Noeleen
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 1 542.30
- "Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas " - Fletcher Family
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 205.64
- "#GivingTuesday" - Kara
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 102.82
- "With love" - CM
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 51.41
- "Merry Christmas " - Glen Landsman
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Happy festive Season Benoni!" - Jane
- Nov 28, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Ho ho ho :)" - Anonymous
- Nov 28, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Happy Christmas Kids Haven" - Davidson
- Nov 28, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!" - Sudasha
- Nov 15, 2019 - R 510.00
WIshing you a blessed christmas" - Kerry
- Nov 15, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Happy Christmas! " - Jenny
- Nov 13, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Happy Christmas Benoni " - Susan
Benoni Charities for Giving Tuesday
This #GivingTuesdaySA, four local Benoni charities will join in in the worldwide giving campaign that started in the USA in 2012, as the antidote to the massive commercial spending on Black Friday. These FOUR local charities in Benoni want to encourage local residents to take their change from Black Friday and turn it into life CHANGE. “We want to encourage everyone to do something – big or small- to show generosity and kindness as we start the festive season and finish off a day and a weekend of massive spending,” says Susan Daly, fundraiser at Kids Haven.