Bentley's Stretch for Learning in Reach
- By: Bentley
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/bentleys-stretch-for-learning-in-reach
8 out of 10 South African children in Grade 4 are not able to read for meaning. Our true matric pass rate is 39% of children entering the education system.
Financing of early learning programs has lagged well behind that of primary and secondary education. But investments in primary and secondary education will not see the intended returns if we do not ensure that young children enter school with the foundational skills needed to learn.
So I'm doing my tiny part to help strengthen these foundational skills by supporting Learning in Reach - a registered NPC (2016/190316/08), NPO (178-856) and PBO (930054765) which is building an ECD centre of excellence in Lavender Hill to educate over 100 children.
They also run outreach teacher training and mentorship programs with 30 neighbouring ECDs and are assisting these centres to meet minimum health and safety standards required for an ECD centre.
Drop R67 in my hat (or more!), sign up as a champion for Learning in Reach on 67give.org and invite 10 of your friends to do the same!
- Aug 02, 2018 - R 688.89
- "On behalf of the Rogues" - The Rogues
- Jul 18, 2018 - R 110.00
- "Add to the cap! Great initiative " - Awawa Non mouse
- Jul 17, 2018 - R 758.47
- "Her Majesty approves of your efforts. " - H-Suzz
- Jul 16, 2018 - R 205.64
- "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Agi
- Jul 14, 2018 - R 200.00
- "Following Bentley's Lead " - Mark Kaplan
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Happy to backmyhubby " - A not so non e mouse
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 689.58
- "“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” Saint (Dr.) Suess" - A non ee mouse
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 206.67
- "Enter user PIN here" - Mail_list.copy_patch.UserIdentity.mirror2
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Let's get that happy ball rolling" - Bentley
Learning In Reach
Learning in Reach has created a blueprint for a holistic early learning and pre-primary education that fosters community enterprise and parental engagement. ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ and we cannot disrupt the Early Childhood Development (ECD) process without addressing all the supporting structures, the main one being the child’s parents and teachers, as role models and leaders of these young children.