Support Vukazithathe's Dream
- By: Nthato Mokgata
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/bhekisenzo-cele
I am raising funds for a KwaZulu Natal musical legend, Bhekisenzo Cele also known as Vukazithathe.
Vukazithathe is highly talented multi instrumentalist (guitar, bass, concertina, harmonica) who is raising funds to build a house, sustain his family and continue putting his children through school.
Vukazithathe is a non smoker, non drinker, musical genius from Kwazulu Natal who plays guitar, bass, concertina, violin and harmonica. The man is a musical treasure and a genius, who due to unfortunate life circumstances has lived a life of suffering.
Vukazithathe has faced many obstacles and challenges in his life which forced him to leave school in primary school, limiting his employment opportunities.
His challenges have been chronicled in a documentary called VUKAZITHATHE by Nthato Mokgata. Despite these challenges, he is a great inspiration and help to his family, community and the country at large.
Reaching the target means that Vukazithathe's children can be assured of completing their high school education; the family will have sufficient food and clothing for 2020; and they will no longer live in a house with a leaking roof and broken walls.
The funds will be used for
- School fees for Vukazithathe's 2 children in school
- Food and clothing
- Renovating his broken house
Perhaps this grace draws itself from the strength of his belief in a higher power. He remains grateful to God, who has carried him through his life. Vukazithathe has found refuge in Nazareth Baptist Church, or kwaShembe – a fitting home for a man who reveres Christ but is also rooted in his identity as a Zulu man. Before Vukazithathe, before Shembe, there was Thambolencuba (Bone of The Carcass). Starting anew after he found miracles in Shembe, and after resolving to work towards the change he wanted in life, Vukazithathe was born.
“Vukazithathe” means “get up and take control,” and the name has come to be a prophecy for his new life, a new hope. With this documentary, and him finally having released his debut album, Anibakhuzeni, this brilliant hidden gem of an artist can have access to a wider audience that can help nurture his artistic gifts, avuke azithathe. https://vimeo.com/431836107
- Sep 11, 2020 - R 5 000.00
- "Afro film Society Shanghai supports your amazing " - Noxolo Bengu
- Jul 25, 2020 - R 350.00
- "What wonderful talent - keep Maskandi alive" - Ruth
- Jul 08, 2020 - USD $ 8.78
- "You are a gift of the Gods. Thank you" - Carlos Francisco
- Jul 08, 2020 - USD $ 40.97
- "Power Love and Wellbeing - estamos Juntos " - James Jabir Titelman
- Jul 08, 2020 - R 250.00
- "Stay safe, stay strong. " - Andrew Ringrose
- Jul 06, 2020 - USD $ 50.00
- "Keep spreading the love through music! " - Tracey-Lee Scully
- Jul 06, 2020 - USD $ 29.27
- "Be Blessed Dear Vukazithathe and family. X" - A Sunset Gypsy
- Jul 06, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Power and strength to one of the greats" - Dan Charles
- Jul 01, 2020 - USD $ 115.19
- "Keep pushing King!! Uzofika!! Beautiful music!!" - Charles Nkondlwane