Bon's Big C Battle
- By: Donna Evans
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/bonita-oosthuizen
My name is Donna Evans. I am the sister of an amazing woman named Bonita Oosthuizen, she needs your help!
It is with a worried heart that I post this and ask for your assistance.
My beautiful sister Bonita Thoss Oosthuizen was diagnosed with breast cancer last week Friday after waiting some time for results due to this pandemic. We are not sure of what stage this is as yet, Nor do we know what the full treatment plan will be. What we do know is that surgery is a definite as well as possible chemo/ radiation. We will keep you all posted as we hear more (hopefully by next week Monday) as Bon had new CT Scans, etc. done yesterday to ensure that the mass hasn't grown or spread since initial testing was done.
The dilemma we are now faced with however, is that of a financial standpoint. Bon has unfortunately been unemployed since the beginning of lock down after giving birth to their precious son Xander just a little over one year ago and her Husband was retrenched due to Covid 19 a month ago. This leaves them in a terrible situation, they have no funds to seek the medical treatment Bon so desperately needs now as they are barely affording the basics at the moment. It is hard enough trying to support 2 young children and pay the monthly bills on full salaries. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE FULL SALARY RIGHT NOW!! Hannes has been doing what he can just to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads while being amazingly supportive to Bon and the kids.
It is very difficult for us to imagine our family being hit once again by illness but we are staying positive, keeping Bon positive and doing whatever we can to try help her get the care she needs.
If you or anyone you know is able to contribute to Bon's treatment, we would be forever grateful !!!!
The impact of receiving donations is that my sister will live, she will get the treatment she so needs. Her children will still have their mother, her husband will still have his wife, our mother will still have her daughter and we will still have our sister.
The funds raised will be used to: cover medical costs ie: doctors fees, testing fees, CT scans, surgery fees, chemo, radiation, fuel to get to and from the hospital and hopefully to bit a little food on the table to as both my sister and her hubby are unemployed!!
- Nov 19, 2020 - R 528.75
- "Baie sterkte!" - Liana
- Nov 19, 2020 - R 528.75
- "Hannes en Bonita. Alle sterkte met julle journey. Die matriek klas van 2000 staan after julle." - Jaco Pie
- Oct 29, 2020 - R 100.00
With Love x" - Tamaryn Dingley
- Sep 21, 2020 - USD $ 32.39
- "Wishing Bon all the best. Xx" - Dess
- Sep 14, 2020 - R 1 057.50
All the best with your treatments, Penny Burke" - Penny Burke
- Aug 07, 2020 - USD $ 57.03
- "Praying for your speedy recovery cuz! " - Dominique
- Aug 07, 2020 - USD $ 285.16
- "Sending lots of love, stay strong Bon!!" - T&M
- Aug 06, 2020 - R 528.75
- "God bless and be strong! " - Anonymous
- Aug 05, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Sending you loads of love and strength.. Cath, Brett, Lolly and Lukey xx" - Cathy Hazell
- Aug 05, 2020 - R 9 000.00
Sending prayers to all of you, love the Brokies." - Bev & Mike
- Aug 05, 2020 - R 528.75
- "Lots of love and best wishes!" - Nicola
- Aug 05, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Love and strength Bon x" - Tamaryn Dingley
- Aug 04, 2020 - USD $ 28.91
- "With lots and a lot of love" - Bell Family
- Aug 04, 2020 - R 528.75
- "F#*k Cancer" - Chantelle Visser