Boost the Sanctuary's Wild Animal Care Centre
- By: Teri & Tami
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/boost-our-sanctuarys-animal-care-centre
The Animal Care Centre gives the necessary veterinary care, micro-chipping, surgery or medication assistance to wild animals confiscated by animal welfare and nature conservation officials from the illegal pet trade and placed into the care of the Zoo. In many cases, they are malnourished, injured and in need of physical as well as psychological rehabilitation.
Its estimated to cost US$50 per animal per week to cover all costs, habitat and specialised nutrition.
Aside from butterflies in the Tropical Garden, Butterfly World Zoo is a sanctuary for over 740 small exotic animals, mostly donated, that were previously kept as pets. It's about animal welfare and educating the public from 0-100 years old to "Appreciate. Don't Keep Wild Pets"[WATCH] A sanctuary for animals rescued from heartbreak - Beautiful News
Visit our website here
- Aug 06, 2018 - R 51.41
- "As a pensioner, I find much pleasure lingering in the Tropical Garden and visiting all the exhibits outdoors too. Many hours of joy for little money" - Nel Dodds
- May 24, 2018 - USD $ 16.88
- "Thank you for your caring and comforting the helpless" - Duff-Gray family in USA
- Apr 19, 2018 - R 102.82
- "We so enjoy all your fantastic animals from all over the world. Thanks for caring about them" - Tami K
Donations to dateR 19 524.51
Fundraising targetR 100 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 19 160.00 Donate
Butterfly World Zoo South Africa
Butterfly World Zoo is a secure and safe sanctuary for over 122 species of small wild animals that have been donated by pet-owners or confiscated by authorities from the illegal pet trade. Our Tropical Garden is home to a variety of butterflies we import as our only purchase. Our visitors enjoy immersive edutainment as many of our creatures roam freely. Live animal demonstrations in our EduCentre help us to teach anyone from 0-100 to "Appreciate. Don't keep wild pets". We advocate against the illegal pet trade.