Help Brandon Beack Compete in European Grand Prix
- By: Mark Beack
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/brandon-beack
I am Brandon Beack, age 23, I live in Somerset West, Cape Town. I was paralysed in 2012 as a Quadriplegic and am now competing in Para athletics as wheelchair sprinter in the 100m,200m & 400m, T52 category. I currently hold 4 South African records and 2 African records and I am ranked 12th in the world rankings.
I am in urgent need of your help to raise funds to allow me to travel to Europe to compete in the Swiss Grand Prix in Notwill in May 2019 and then to compete in Arbon and then onto London to train at the Weir Archer Academy with their GB Paralympic coaches.
As I am in need to secure all my travel arrangements early, and the earlier I confirm my air tickets and accommodation the cheaper the costs will be. I need to secure all my funding by 10th May 2019.
All funds raised in this initiative will be used for Brandon's Travel arrangements, such as air tickets, accommodation, meals and travel and competition entry fees.
This will assist Brandon to compete in Europe and hopefully for him to improve on his current world rankings. In doing so, hopefully, this will make him eligible for selection into TEAM SA to compete at this year's World Games in Dubai in November 2019 and then onto Tokyo 2020.
All funds donated and raised will be deposited into the Walking with Brandon Beack Trust Fund which is audited each year and administrated by trustees
- Apr 21, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck Brandon!!" - Dylan Ackerman
- Apr 17, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best man" - James
- Apr 17, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thank you for being such a role model & motivator to us all & especially our injured rugby players! " - The Chris Burger Petro Jackson Players' Fund
- Apr 17, 2019 - R 210.00
- "#stillirise " - Lara Jermyn
- Apr 15, 2019 - USD $ 15.06
- "Cheers from Germany mate" - Manuel Meyer
- Apr 15, 2019 - USD $ 78.28
- "Best of luck bro, you’ll smash it - I want a mention in your gold acceptance speech x" - Extra Medium UK
- Apr 10, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck Brandon" - Carol may
- Apr 04, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good luck - go and smash it " - David W
- Apr 03, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Lolly do your best" - Nanna V
Walking with Brandon Beack Trust Fund
Brandon was disabled in August 2012, at the age of 16. He was a high level gymnast and during training a few days before his big competition, he fell off the Parallel bars and broke his neck. This left Brandon seriously injured and paralysed from his shoulders down, in other words he was classified by his doctors to be a quadraplegic.
Here is his face bookpage link; http://www.facebook.com/groups/WalkingWithBrandon/
Since his unfortunate accident , Brandon he's been none other than a strong willed, driven, positive, motivated and never give up young man. His strong willed approach has helped him to recover beyond all doctors expectations.
Since his accident he has started motivating other people in the same situation. Brandon and his family have started a first of its kind NPO Foundation, called the Walking with Brandon Foundation, with its sole focus to offer disadvantaged disabled people Neurological Rehabilitation in their rehab centre at the Sports Science Institute in Newlands, Cape Town.