Bringing clean, safe drinking water to rural South Africa
- By: Tammy Gerber
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/bringing-clean-safe-drinking-water-to-rur
Water it essential to life. Without it we cannot survive.
- Did you know that almost 900 million people globally lack access to safe drinking water and 3.4 million people, mostly children, die annually from water-related diseases?
- In Africa alone, 115 people die every hour from diseases linked to poor sanitation, poor hygiene and contaminated water.
(resources: WHO/ UNICEF/ Center for Strategic and International Studies CSIS)
Well, you can make a difference by donating today!
The Wishing Well International Foundation (WWIF) in South Africa is a non-profit organisation that provides clean, safe drinking water to developing areas by installing wells with Hydraid biosand filters that reduce bacteria and viruses in water.
* Each well and filter costs R1,500.00 and can be used by at least ten people for up to ten years. *
The affordability, ease of use and minimal maintenance of the biosand and biofoam filters make them the most proven and sustainable filtration methods for rural areas. They use gravity, rather than pressure or electricity, to pass the water through the filtering media and the technology of the biofoam filters effectively remove contaminants to an even greater degree.
* 100% of public donations are used to fund the deployment of wells across South Africa. *
* In addition, the Wishing Well International Foundation USA has pledged to double all funds raised locally. *
- May 18, 2018 - R 1 542.30
- "We at H2O International are proud to be associated with this worthy cause, bringing safe, clean drinking water to developing areas in Southern Africa!" - H2O International SA (Pty) Ltd
- Apr 26, 2018 - R 308.46
- "It is raining in Cape Town. May the donations rain in and overflow the target." - Cynthia
- Apr 26, 2018 - R 310.00
- "I'm changing the lives of two people for the next ten years :)" - Tammy
- Apr 25, 2018 - R 154.23
- "Every bit helps" - PWR
- Apr 24, 2018 - USD $ 31.56
- "I am so grateful to have water on tap. I'm showing gratitude by giving others water too. " - TerryVal White