Caleb Finn Swimming the Midmar Mile for Rainbows & Smiles
- By: Caleb Finn
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/caleb-finn-swimming-the-midmar-mile-for-rainbows-s
In early February 2012 my life changed forever when my nephew, Gregory Andrews, was diagnosed with a rare cancer called Synovial Sarcoma. At diagnosis we were told that Greg would never see 2013... Well, their prediction was heartbreakingly correct and Greg passed away on 26 December 2012...
This is a date that will forever be with us, in our hearts and minds... During 2012 we met some amazing people who go out of their way to assist families who have been hit with cancer, one of these people was Bonni Suckling from Rainbows & Smiles...
In early February 2014 I will tackle four 1 mile events at the Midmar Mile (2 on Saturday, 8 February and 2 on Sunday, 9 February), this will be in honour of Greg and the many other children who have fought this fight and also to those who are still fighting. My swims will also be aimed at raising funds for Rainbows & Smiles, an organisation who did amazing work in my nephews life and thousands of other childrens lives...
If you are reading this please donate to Rainbows & Smiles so that they can do even more amazing work in the lives of children and families affected by cancer...
- Feb 08, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming :-)" - Dixons
- Feb 07, 2014 - R 300.00
- "Caleb: Great initiative! We pray that the Lord bless & protect you- always! Rainbows & Smiles: keep up the good work, trust you will always reach the children & families affected by cancer! God bless!" - Christian & Dawn
- Jan 31, 2014 - R 1 000.00
- "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31" - Temaine Rungasamy
- Jan 31, 2014 - R 680.00
- "May the Lord strengthen you as you undertake this challenge." - Madeline Tanner
- Jan 30, 2014 - R 2 000.00
- "So proud of you Caleb. Good luck with the training! " - Vanessa Kinver
Rainbows and Smiles Foundation
The mission of Rainbows and Smiles is to provide emotional, social and financial support to families and caregivers in need when a child or children of that family is diagnosed with a life threatening illness such as cancer. In addition, Rainbows and Smiles encourage childhood cancer awareness to educate in the hope of promoting early detection.
To set up your own fundraising page for Rainbows and Smiles click here