Carla's 2 Oceans for Cape Kidney 2018
- By: Carla Lawrence
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/carlas-2-oceans-for-cape-kidney-2018
Last year marked 10 years since my mom had her kidney transplant and in honour of my mom, my dad who supported her through her struggle with chronic kidney disease due to polycystic kidneys, we ran the OMTO half marathon.
We chose this charity for the good work that they do for underprivileged people in Cape Town with kidney disease who require assistance.
We would like to do it again this year. I am no runner but have come to enjoy running as a way to stay healthy and will be doing this run once again to challenge myself.
Therefore, doing this run for the Cape Kidney Association will help me challenge myself personally and also contribute to a good cause.
- Mar 29, 2018 - R 154.23
- "So proud of you ??" - Tarryn
- Mar 24, 2018 - R 123.38
- "Brilliant cause. Keep the passion. " - Anony Mous
- Feb 20, 2018 - R 150.00
- "Keep up the good work" - Lyndall
- Jan 25, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Dreams don’t work unless you do. I really like what you are doing, keep up the good work ^_^" - Lydia Daniels
- Jan 24, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Keep up the good work ;)" - Tjokker
Cape Kidney Association
The Cape Kidney Association was founded in 1978 by a group of Nephrology Doctors and Nurses who saw the need to assist the Indigent kidney patients. Patients travel from afar as there are no dialysis units close by. We serve majority patients in the Renal Unit at Groote Schuur and Tygerberg Hospitals. Most of the patients are unemployed and some of them receive disability grants.