Celebrate my birthday with me!
- By: Tina Moolman
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/celebrate-birthday
My name is Tina and during the past two years, I have had a close relationship with Kuselo and have witnessed first hand the amazing work they do at the "safe house" This home was established because of the immense need in our area for a place of safety for abused and abandoned babies and children. The home is run purely on donations from the community and the team is under constant pressure to meet rent, electricity and salary payments every single month.
The children need to be taken to Doctors appointments, the clinic, and court on a regular basis and at present use the founder's personal vehicle (which is more often than not out of action) on occasion they have bundled the children into prams and WALKED to where they need to be!
For my birthday I would like to start a crowdfunding campaign to collect funds for a good second-hand SUV type motor vehicle. As I will be turning 59 on 2 December 2019 I thought it a good idea to start with R 5900.
Are you with me?
Let us help make a difference in the lives of ordinary people who have taken on the task of helping these vulnerable children.
- Nov 29, 2019 - USD $ 100.00
- "Tons of love" - Beverley
- Nov 28, 2019 - USD $ 25.77
- "In support of my sisters birthday wish Tina Moolman" - David Curwen
- Nov 25, 2019 - R 500.00
Keep up the good work." - Kim
Kuselo Child & youth Care Services (CYCS) Gauteng
Kuselo houses and cares for between 15 and 20 children ranging in ages of between 0 - 5 yrs. These children are removed from their homes due to sexual, physical or psychological abuse or neglect and abandonment reach more persons in need.
We are a registered Non-Profit Organization (NPO NO: 210-039 )
Our Aim Is To:
- Provide shelter and care to children and young people from the local community, in crises and in need of support.
- Assist persons, who through some form of trauma, lost everything they own and/or lost their ability to earn an income.
- The elderly that have been ‘forgotten’, alone and on very low income in shelters and havens in the area.
- We provide community outreach programmes, counselling and family support programmes to persons in crises.
- Provide a service to young people who have left the system of protective care who are still of school-going age (19 – 22) to obtain an informal basic skill.
- Our Organisation does not distinguish between gender, race, culture, age or religion. We are there for everyone in our community, should a specific need come to our attention.