#67give Change for R67
- By: Lisa Nel
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/change-for-r67
This Mandela Day I'm raising funds to make a tangible impact on Early Childhood Development, changing the trajectory of our children’s lives.
Learning in Reach are building a sustainable Early Childhood Development ecosystem in Lavender Hill which supports the holistic development of the child by including empowerment, training and mentorship projects that impact on the surrounding community.
As such we are building a scalable model of child-led, community-based ECD solutions by:
- Delivering a model, quality Early Childhood Development centre for up to 100 children
- Using the ECD centre as an outreach and training centre to take a whole community approach to empowering and supporting all (30) ECD centres in Lavender Hill
- Collaborating and engaging funding, business and NGO partners to transform the ECD ecosystem in a single geographical location within a 3 year timeframe.
Will you help too? Donate R67, sign up as a champion for Learning in Reach on 67give.org and invite 10 of your friends to do the same.
- Jun 20, 2018 - R 171.71
- "ECD is an important issue to be targeting in SA and I am glad that organisations like Learning in Reach are doing something about it. This is great for our country's young children. " - Titi
Learning In Reach
Learning in Reach has created a blueprint for a holistic early learning and pre-primary education that fosters community enterprise and parental engagement. ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ and we cannot disrupt the Early Childhood Development (ECD) process without addressing all the supporting structures, the main one being the child’s parents and teachers, as role models and leaders of these young children.