Charka, Raising Hope
- By: Louis Du Preez
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/charka-raising-hope
Charka Brikkets and "braai"go hand-in-hand in South Africa. Heritage Day in South Africa is also sometimes referred to a "Braai Day" and we at Charka always try to do something really amazing on this wonderful day.
In one word: HOPE.
Mzansi, Suid-Africa, South-Africa, our Motherland, through all the days that come to break us down, YOU are the one that remains with us.
Being a South African does not only mean rugby, biltong, boerewors, braais and Table Mountain:
It means knowing fear and forgiveness, having the South African sky burning brightly in your eyes and finding the light when nobody else can.
It is singing our National Anthem in its five languages and feeling the pride burning in your heart. It is laughing at everything because as a South African you know the tide will turn. It is dancing, dancing in unity, having our Motherland quake underneath our feet.
But most importantly, the golden thread that UNITES ALL SOUTH AFRICANS…
Charka chose to team up with Chad Nathan of Raising Hope for Heritage Day / Braai Day 2020.
Chad is an inspiration to all of us at Charka and certainly to all South Africans.
The funds raised from our campaign (minus our operational costs) will be donated to a charity of Chad's association/choosing.
- Sep 29, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Brooks Running RunHappy" - Clive Chowles (Brooks)
- Sep 29, 2020 - R 50.00
A United can do more" - Bhongolethu Tobela
- Sep 26, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Elke druppel maak die erm vol Elke druppel tog so waarde vol" - Nash
- Sep 23, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Well done guys! Proud to be South African" - Bio Sculpture
- Sep 22, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Great campaign, will be submitting my video shortly!" - Willim Welsyn
- Sep 17, 2020 - R 500.00
- "There can't be a harvest unless you plant a seed. HOPE is were it started and FAITH is seen it grow. " - NAZARENE LEO
- Sep 16, 2020 - R 50.00
I am proudly South african I believe in supporting local so our economy and profit i support local my blood is green and gold!!" - Chantel August
- Sep 15, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Raising Hope, Encouraging change, making a difference " - Natali Trepado
- Sep 14, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Raising hope for all South Africans with the help of Charka" - Chesslynn
- Sep 01, 2020 - R 200.00
- "In the spirit of Ubuntu!!" - Rushaan Stoffburg
- Sep 01, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Love the initiative ️" - Sandy
- Aug 26, 2020 - USD $ 5.96
- "This is a great idea, we all need a little hope right now, but there are some that are more in need than others. " - Braai Army
- Aug 26, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Amazing initiative " - Ragmat
- Aug 19, 2020 - R 20 000.00
- "Let's all stand together to help the people in need" - LICENCEZA
Raising Hope Support Cause
My name is Chad Nathan and I have been documenting the Coronavirus lockdown since March 27th. Through documenting this, I have seen the impact this disease has had on the less fortunate in South Africa. I have been working alongside these organizations the last few weeks and have witnessed all the amazing work they are doing for these people. I am now hoping to raise R300 000 to help them continue to give back to those in need.