Cindy SA Table Tennis
- By: Jean Engelbrecht
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/cindy-engelbrecht
My name is Jean Engelbrecht, the proud brother of a very special 30-year-old girl named Cindy from Centurion, South Africa.
Since birth people and doctors have told us that my little sister will not be able to do anything for herself. Our mother has done everything (from speech therapy to special professors) capable to give her a normal life as possible. Cindy has a can-do attitude with a bigger heart and it shows. She's not only one of South Africa`s top Down Syndrome Field Athletes but also the current Gauteng North Table Tennis Champion.
She represented South Africa in Portugal at the World Down Syndrome Athletics where she got 2 Silver and Bronze medals in shot put, discus and javelin. Her sports are a big part of her life and we try everything to keep her motivated and able to attend her sports. Cindy always strives to be the best but also helps and motivates her fellow contenders to be their best. We are currently not able to afford to pay for her tour to Cape Town for The South African Down Syndrome Table Tennis Championships. Every little bit will help to keep our Wonder Woman`s dreams alive.
We are striving to bring awareness to Down Syndrome and the lack of support from higher authorities in the Down Syndrome sports.
By reaching this target, Cindy will be able to live a dream and it will motivate her to reach higher and higher.
Funds raised will be used to cover:
Planned tours for Team R1000
Due to the covid-19 the championships has been posponed for a later date .
- Mar 12, 2020 - R 787.50
- "Sien uit om jou te Sien speel! Geniet! " - Martie
- Mar 12, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "This is just for Cindy to spoil herself." - Jerry Schultz
- Mar 12, 2020 - R 2 205.00
- "From Tattoo, my down syndrome brother, special guy" - Brian Rodger
- Mar 01, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Jy is 'n inspirasie Wonder Woman!" - Wonder Woman Fan
- Feb 25, 2020 - R 359.87
- "Sterkte Cindytjie ons weet jy gaan ons trots maak!" - Tanya Papenfus
- Feb 19, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Vir die girl met die beste ouboet in die wereld! " - Erika
- Feb 18, 2020 - R 510.00
Sterkte Cinderella! Love you!" - Ella
- Feb 17, 2020 - USD $ 100.00
- "Lief vir jou Cindy! Baie sterkte Cindy, ons weet jy gaan sommer groot hoogtes bereik! Xxx" - Carien & Dylan
- Feb 15, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Jy is 'n wenner!" - Liza
- Feb 14, 2020 - R 310.00
Trots op jou!" - Shandine
- Feb 14, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Sooo trots op jou" - Gerda
- Feb 13, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Love u cinderela" - Melanie
- Feb 13, 2020 - R 205.64
- "You go girl! Luv u lotz" - VenterQs
Cindy Engelbrecht Table Tennis Cause 2020
My name is Jean Engelbrecht, the proud brother of a very special 30-year-old girl named Cindy from Centurion, South Africa. We are currently not able to afford to pay for her tour to Cape Town for The South African Down Syndrome Table Tennis Championships. Every little bit will help to keep our Wonder Woman`s dreams alive.