Please help SAVE Clamber Club Somerset West
- By: Melissa Pennells
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/clamber-club
My Name is Melissa Pennells, I am a Mom of two boys , a wife to a wonderful Husband and I am the owner of Clamber Club Somerset West in Cape Town , South Africa.
Clamber Club Somerset West was started from my home garage 10 years ago with the support of my late Mom who helped me finance buying my very first franchise and business.
For those of your that don't know what Clamber Club is, we are a movement and stimulation program for babies and toddlers aged 8 weeks to 4 years that attend our weekly classes with their Moms, Dads, Grannies ,Granpas or caregivers. We are a support system for new Moms, a safe place for our children to have fun and learn and for parents to feel a belonging... afterall it takes a village to raise our children.
For these past ten years I have poured my heart and soul into growing this business, working 6 day weeks. I wake up each and every day knowing I have a purpose, this is not a job this is my PASSION.
Together with my amazing Team we have built up the most amazing business that we are proud of and has become a familiar place for thousands of babies, toddlers, moms and Dads over the years.
From starting this business in my garage with just a handful of Moms and Babies , we have grown it bit by bit, moving into bigger spaces and since 5 years ago we now run from a wonderful property in Bright Street. Our dream is to eventually open up a playschool here too.
We don't make huge amounts of money as our overheads are very high to have the premises we do but we were able to pay our amazing staff a decent salary so that they can in turn support their families and cover all the basics of running our business (things like rent, water and electricity, insurance and daily running costs).
Sadly since COVID- 19 we had to stop our classes without any income and with the uncertainty of when this will end we dont when we will be able to welcome our precious children back.
Its become a very real and scary time for our business (as it has for many others) as without income we cannot survive.
We unfortunately don't meet the criteria from the Small Business Aid and are not able to get any loans to help carry us over this period. we have exhausted every avenue and have found ourselves here on Back a Buddy desperate for help to SAVE us.
We are trying to raise funds to cover our staff by offering online classes at R50 per class but the reality is this is going to make a very small dent as not everyone is in the right headspace to worry about online classes at this time but we will continue to push through and do all we can...but the truth is we need a bigger intervention.
If you are able to help us big or small we will be eternally grateful and Thank you for giving us a fighting chance to continue to make a difference.
Reaching our target will mean we will be able to pay our wonderful staff over the next couple of months ahead, be able to cover our overheads so that we still have a place to run without the burden of all the debt that is piling up due to having no funds , so that when we can reopen and have the chance to rebuild ourselves back up from the bottom and come out stronger than ever before.
The funds will be used as follows
1. Our priority is to Pay our staff whilst we cannot operate
2. Cover our Rent and security, royalties and other overheads
3. we will donate 10% of every donation received to Acres of Love Children's home which is the charity we work with.
***NB*** Please delete space at end of email address when making a donation otherwise it will keep giving an error. Thank you x
** We have also started a fundraiser selling masks which we will update on the funds raised on here together with all offline donations. Thank you so much for everyones support this far! You give us hope that the sun will shine again xx
- May 22, 2020 - R 315.00
- "Thank you for everything Mel! We will see you again soon! Xx" - Jenna Swart
- May 18, 2020 - R 550.00
- "Thank you for everything you are doing for our little one. She absolutely loves Clamber Club. Fair warning: with little brother who will be joining in the near future you will need all the good luck you can wish for. Love from Fairy-grand-godmother" - Fairy-grand-godmother
- May 18, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Thank you for being there for our little ones" - Ouma
- Apr 29, 2020 - R 212.00
It's not much, but hope it helps." - Jolene
- Apr 29, 2020 - R 500.00
Thank you for all the love and dedication you pour into your classes. Every cloud has a silver lining xx" - Milah and Alek
- Apr 25, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Thank you for all your hard work and effort you put into each class. We love Clamber Club!" - Ingrid
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Thank you for all the memories so far, we look forward to making new memories with you sooon!!" - Louw Family
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Such a special place! Hope every can help in some way to keep this amazing business going. " - Annabel Mead
- Apr 22, 2020 - USD $ 52.64
- "Lots of love from NZ" - Kara, Mia, Antoinette & Corne
- Apr 22, 2020 - USD $ 52.64
- "Wishing you all best xxx" - Lachlann and Darcey
- Apr 22, 2020 - USD $ 26.32
- "wishing you all the best, clamber club was a life saver when I had my firstborn! " - Megan B
Donations to dateR 46 099.79
Fundraising targetR 150 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 39 850.00 Donate
Clamber Club Somerset West Support Cause
Clamber Club Somerset West was started from my home garage 10 years ago with the support of my late Mom who helped me finance buying my very first franchise and business. Sadly since COVID- 19 we had to stop our classes without any income and with the uncertainty of when this will end we dont when we will be able to welcome our precious children back.