EduHub: The classroom in your hands
- By: Edu Hub Africa
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/classroom-in-your-hands
EduHub is an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=snow.app.eduhub&hl=en-GB that offers FREE, easy-to-understand explanation videos, study guides, revision notes and past test/examination papers with memorandums for Grades 10 - 12 maths, physical sciences (physics, chemistry), life sciences (biology), geography, English (first additional language), computer application technology and information technology. Accounting and Afrikaans (The first additional language) will be added at a later stage.
What Will My Money Go Toward:
When you donate to EduHub, your money will go toward maintaining the app, creating a local server space for storing all the data, expanding resources to other grade levels, additional features and most importantly is a homework/worksheet feature between teacher and student which is a game-changer to further keep students engaged with their schooling educational learning and activities and last but not least digital marketing on the relevant platforms.
With us approaching the 4000 students profiles on our platform we are looking at 200,000 Rand as our goal for this round of fundraising. That's R50 per kid. (3.33USD / GBP 2.50 / Eur 2.80).
Help Keep EduHub Free to Keep South African Youths Learning:
"Edu Hub has reached students from Gugulethu to Alexandra in this short space of time already"
Let’s look at some numbers to see why EduHub is necessary for educating South Africa’s young people.
- 62,5perecent of children aged 13-17 years in South Africa are multidimensionally poor, that is being deprived in at least 3 out of 7 dimensions of well-being.
- Education, at 74,4perecent, has the highest deprivation rates for children aged 13-17 years.
- 85,8perecent of poor children aged 13-17 have an education deprivation3; poor is defined as living below the designated poverty line which is 840-1268 Rand per person.
- The average study guide costs ## Rand. This makes them nearly impossible to buy if you live within the poverty line.
For additional information about the Quintile school system and criteria facing South Africa please read and follow this link: https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/opinion/how-the-quintile-system-for-schools-works-8bab7f23-f23d-431e-816a-883bb00fe90b
Why Was EduHub Created:
Brandon Wilson is the founder and creator who brought EduHub to life. During his time spent in quarantine, he contemplated where he came from versus where he is now. Education was one of the vital keys to Brandon feeling successful and happy in life, and so he wanted to do something that could make education more accessible for any student especially in the lower socio-economic sector of South Africa.
Thus, Brandon spent 15 months building and implementing EduHub on the Google Play store—not making any money from it, not asking for any Corporate Social Investment, and making sure it was a Non-Profit Organisation from the get-go.
But now, Edu Hub needs your help to make it even bigger with additional features and with a growth of nearly 4000 learners using this app in under 8 weeks of launch.
What Resources Does EduHub Provide:
Study Guides: Our study guides, revision notes, textbooks and learner packs are based on a number of well-known guides as well as the department of basic education (SA CAPS) guide books and past tests/examinations with memos procured from teachers and educators all-round South Africa.
If a student were to purchase all of these separately, it would cost them a minimal R250 per guide and we give them an average of 4 study guides per subject. With EduHub, they’re all free.
Past examination and test papers: Edu Hub has nearly 400 examination papers from 2020 backdating to 2014. This all includes memorandums and marking guidelines for many of the papers.
Added to this we have control or common trial tests written in March and September within the app with our focus being the June and end of the year (December) examinations for the students.
Videos: We sourced and partnered with the most relevant teachers on YouTube for videos for each subject displayed within Edu Hub. All of them feature South African teachers, showcasing their talents and in-depth knowledge—students can relate to who is in the video. Over 700 videos and counting on Edu Hub right now.
Edu Hub in the press:
Social Media Links:
- Department: Statistics South Africa; Child Poverty in South Africa: A Multiple Overlapping Deprivation Analysis / Statistics Couth Africa; pg. 67
- Department: Statistics South Africa; Child Poverty in South Africa: A Multiple Overlapping Deprivation Analysis / Statistics Couth Africa; pg. 102
- Department: Statistics South Africa; National Poverty Line 2020; pg. 3
- Sep 29, 2021 - USD $ 175.02
- "well done and good luck :-)" - Roberto Campaner (Switzerland)
- Sep 28, 2021 - USD $ 106.89
- "Best of luck, Brandon!" - Simone
- Sep 12, 2021 - USD $ 37.21
- "Amazing work" - soraya
- Aug 31, 2021 - USD $ 36.07
- "Amazing job my friend" - Giulio
- Aug 31, 2021 - USD $ 108.20
- "Great to see how far you've come and good luck in the future Brandon!" - Microdose Pro
- Aug 28, 2021 - USD $ 17.95
- "This is amazing Brandon " - Tara
- Aug 27, 2021 - USD $ 26.79
- "Amazing work Brandon! X" - Michelle Karim
- Aug 27, 2021 - USD $ 113.31
- "Great initiative" - Maya El tabchy
Edu Hub Africa
Edu Hub is a free educational mobile app built specifically for "the lowest socio-economic schools within South Africa. It covers educational content as per the CAPS syllabus for Grades 10 to 12. The app focuses on Maths, Physical sciences, Maths literacy, Life sciences, English first additional language), Geography, Information Technology and Computer Application Technology.
- 700 and counting recap whiteboard explanation videos given by SA teachers, tutors and volunteers.
- 300 plus test and exam past question papers with memorandums and marking guidelines. We also want to highlight to this we have commons and control test papers with memorandums within the question papers feature also, so this means March common/control tests, June examinations, September common/control test and November examinations for all Grade 10 - 12.
- We have over 100 study guides, revision notes, learner packs and textbooks available on the app copyright free.
Edu Hub gives learners and teachers alike access to a number of educational content for free from the Google Play store with the total app being 12MB in size.
Our sovereign promise as an NPO for Edu Hub is to place more subjects, additional features that enhance the learner experience and engagement on the app and keep it free.
With us closing 4000 learners within the space of 10 weeks of launch (July 7th) we predicting hitting the 10 000 marks very soon and would need help to maintain assisting the lower socio quintile schools within this pandemic. Click on the donate button if this resonates with you and make a contribution to a worthy cause or if you know of any family or friend who would like to donate please pass this onto them. We accept international payments and also PayPal under the name "eduhubafrica".
Social Media Links: