Climb Kili for Smile
- By: Jeremy Croock
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/climb-kili-for-smile-funds
The Smile Foundation is a fantastic NGO focused on bettering the lives of children born with facial conditions. This work has an immeasurable impact on the quality of life for these children who would otherwise go untreated but is unfortunately extremely expensive.
It is for this reason that the Wits Students' Surgical Society hosts an awareness and fundraising campaign every two years for The Smile Foundation wherein a group of students undertakes to climb Kilimanjaro. Through this climb we are able to approach corporate sponsors for substantial donations to the Smile Foundation.
Through undertaking this surely grueling challenge I hope to further this great cause. As an avid lover of the outdoors (especially mountainous terrain) I would like to put myself forward as a candidate for this team. Being one of the 7 Summits Kilimanjaro is one of my dream destinations and through my drive to summit I hope to encourage my fellow climbers. I also have experience in multiday hiking which will be to the benefit of the team.
This is where you come in: Each climber is expected to raise their own funds for the climb. Once the climb itself is funded and confirmed we will gear up this donation by approaching corporate sponsors with sponsorship packages to raise further funds. The total goal is to raise over R200 000 for the Smile Foundation. Every small donation multiplies into something bigger.
This page is for raising my personal climbing funds so that I may contribute to this incredible challenge.
All donations are an independent agreement between myself and the donor and do not involve The University of the Witwatersrand.
- May 23, 2018 - R 150.00
- "Happy belated birthday Jem :D" - Rachel Klevansky
- May 18, 2018 - R 150.00
- "Happy belated birthday! =D" - Bianca B =)
- May 07, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Happy 21st Jem! Super keen for this adventure with you!" - Matthew Kettles
- May 07, 2018 - R 81.00
- "Happy 21st Jem! I hope that you reach this goal and that this summit is one of many incredible experiences!" - Liam
- May 07, 2018 - R 2 010.00
- "Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime. Go for it!" - Anonymous
- May 06, 2018 - R 215.92
- "Congratulation on your 21st birthday and this great adventure" - Marjolein
- Apr 26, 2018 - R 154.23
- "Happy 21st Bud " - Kiran
- Apr 25, 2018 - R 110.00
- "You are an amazing guy Jeremy. Happy 21st, and good luck with climbing Kilimanjaro. " - Robert
Jeremy Climbs Kili for Smile
Wits Students' Surgical Society hosts an awareness and fundraising campaign every two years for The Smile Foundation wherein a group of students undertakes to climb Kilimanjaro. Each climber is expected to raise their own funds for the climb, then we will gear up this donation by approaching corporate sponsors to raise further funds for Smile.