Let's Help Colin Walk Again
- By: Stacey-Lee Harrison
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/colin-rudimuldu
Colin Rudimuldu had his right leg amputated above the knee. Since the amputation, a simple thing like going to the bathroom or taking a shower has become complicated.
As mothers, fathers and some even grandparents - we know the joy of running after our little ones, taking a walk on the beach or in the garden. This is no longer realistic for Colin as he always has to be accompanied by a carer and can only visit wheelchair friendly places (which is far and few between).
Colin has led a life involved in sport - baseball and darts being his greatest love. He never missed his son’s baseball games and now is challenged to do the same for his grandson. Actively involved in fundraising when his grandson was chosen to represent WP. Colin is passionate about the sporting codes he involves himself in. His strengths lie in the contribution he makes as a great team member in darts as well as the energy and commitment he brings in organisation and networking to drum up support and make any fundraising event a success. He has helped in the establishment and growth of more than one dart club – as a player and as an administrator.
This plea is for any sort of assistance for a man who never asks for help.
We all want to be able to live life to the fullest, Colin wants that and he wants to continue to give his all in every endeavour. Being faced with the loss of a limb is a challenge. At the age of 62 for a proud, independent man like Colin, even more so. He is working hard with exercise, diet and physiotherapy to learn how to overcome his disability and become as mobile as possible but without a limb this is a tremendous challenge. Without a prosthetic – he will not be able to achieve all his goals and we want so much more for him.
Any form of assistance would be appreciated. Please note you may donate anonymously if you wish.
Reaching the target would mean Colin can continue having a quality lifestyle. Participating in sporting activities and fundraising which he continuously does for others.
He will be able to without frustration take a shower and use the toilet, all things that are currently a challenge for him.
His dream is to be able to watch his grandchildren play sport and attend important events in their lives. Grandparents day is one of these highlights for him.
The funds will be used to purchase a prosthetic leg. The breakdown from orthopaedia is as follows:
Right Transfemoral Prosthesis socket R80,000
The Lin 30 degree knee R40,000
Single Axis Foot R10,000
Silicon Liner R15,000
Check Socket R5,000
Skin Finish R10,000
*As per the campaign creator's request, all funds raised will be transferred directly to the relevant organisation/supplier.*
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 210.00
Believe and never give up" - Neighbour
- Nov 27, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Wishing you all the best!!" - Donation
- Nov 15, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best! Gillian" - Gillian Lang
- Nov 12, 2019 - R 1 500.00
- "All the best with your venture going forward" - Gerry
- Nov 11, 2019 - R 203.00
- "All the best!" - Catherine
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 310.00
All the best Colin!" - Nicole & Denver
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 510.00
Blades wishes you all the best on this journey Colin!" - Blades Dart Club
- Nov 02, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best uncle Colin. Tough as nails " - Roscoe Johnson
- Oct 30, 2019 - R 200.00
Good luck uncle Colin...... You still need to walk me down the isle on day" - Lisa Proctor
- Oct 29, 2019 - R 510.00
I wish you all of the best on this journey. I know you will come out tops." - Graham Filby
- Oct 29, 2019 - R 1 015.00
- "All the best and keep up your faith God is good????" - Annamarie Dirk
- Oct 28, 2019 - R 110.00
All the best Mr R!" - JK
- Oct 28, 2019 - USD $ 21.04
- "Best of luck to you Colin" - Mellissa Freeman
- Oct 28, 2019 - USD $ 26.30
- "Good Luck on reaching the target Colin. Sending lots of warm wishes from the UK xx" - Helen Pieroux
- Oct 27, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Good luck buddy" - Ashley Daniels
- Oct 25, 2019 - USD $ 25.00
- "Good luck in reaching your target Colin." - Stephen Allen
- Oct 24, 2019 - USD $ 25.00
- "I hope this helps you to reach your goal and all the best! " - Josh - EBV Manchester