COVID-19 Doctors Challenge
- By: Dr Leon Y Perumal and Ebrahim Asmal
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/covid-19-doctors-challenge
Thank you for your support, this campaign is closed.
United for change. Helping the most vulnerable
By: Dr Leon Y Perumal (of Perumal and Partners Radiologists) and
Ebrahim Asmal (Ahmed Al-Kadi Hospital Manager)
The lockdown in South Africa has been an incredibly challenging time, leaving the people of our nation, anxious, desperate and some completely destitute.
In light of the current situation, our doctors at Ahmed Al-Kadi Hospital came up with an idea to raise funds for groceries or other essentials, and most importantly - to challenge other private hospital doctors to do the same.
Since then, the response has been phenomenal, with over R353 001 donated by practising doctors, in just a few days.
“The reality is, as medical professionals, we have access and opportunities that many of our struggling brothers and sisters in the country might not have. Now is our time for giving, sharing… for generosity. Now is our opportunity to make a difference!”
So we challenge you!
Through the ‘COVID-19 Doctors Challenge’, we make an open call to all professionals within the medical fraternity to unite for a worthy cause. By donating and actively raising funds between us and our medical networks… together, we can help support the fight against Coronavirus and bring shelter, sustenance and comfort to the most vulnerable communities in South Africa.
Every cent matters and no donation is too small. All funds donated will go directly towards the ‘National COVID-19 Initiatives’ by the Gift of the Givers Foundation.
Since the breaking news of COVID-19 in South Africa, the Gift of the Givers Foundation has been instrumental in supporting doctors in the frontline, as well as assisting communities in need. From distributing food hampers to the needy, and drilling boreholes for water in drought-stricken areas, to feeding the homeless, Gift of the Givers aims to bring hope and restore dignity to those who need it most.
WE INVITE YOU TO TAKE UP THIS CHALLENGE
AND DONATE NOW
● Donors and the greater public will be informed as to how funds are spent
● Section 18A tax exemption certificate will be issued on request by 'Gift of the Givers' for the full value of your donation
- Jun 06, 2020 - USD $ 62.64
- "Thank You to the Gift of the Givers for all you do for Humanity" - Anonymous
- May 01, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Our thoughts go with all the dedicated doctors, nurses and paramedics involved in this deadly fight against the Corona virus." - Pat & John
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Congratulations on your good work in South Africa!" - Pamela Parr
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 5 012.00
all for the good !" - Heide and Adam Stern
- Apr 24, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Great initiative!" - Hk
- Apr 24, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Keep up the good work!" - Anonymous
- Apr 24, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Keep up the brilliant work. " - Devan Rungan