COVID-19 Donation for Dj's Waiters & Bouncers
- By: Sandile Shange
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/covid-19-donation
My name is Sandile Shange from Pretoria, Gauteng. I am setting up this fundraiser to assist all the Dj's, artists, promoters, waiters, bouncers, cleaners, photographers, hostess, MC, sound Engineers and event crew members who will be losing out on a salary as a result of the national shutdown.
On 15 March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa declared a National State of Disaster in South Africa, due to the spread of the Corona Virus (COVID-19). As part of the preventative measures, events (festivals, social, club etc) either had to be cancelled or postponed to a later date. This directly affects a lot of people in the entertainment industry:
- Sound Engineers
- Event Crew Members
- Event MC
The crowdfunding will assist these individuals to cover their basic and day to day expenses, most importantly food, water and electricity.
We will manage to take care of the basic needs of people that have been left jobless by the Corona Virus (COVID-19).
This will also reignite the spirit of Ubuntu and remind the nation that it is a good thing to lend a helping hand to someone who is less fortunate.
The funds will be distributed to individuals (Dj's, Artists, Promoters, Waiters, Bouncers, Cleaners, Sound Engineers, Photographers, Hostess and Event Crew Members) who were booked for events or show proof that they work for an establishment that has been shut down due to the Corona Virus. The individuals will need to apply for financial assistance during this COVID-19 shut down period.
The application process will require the following:
- Email proof of booked gigs between 15 March 2020 and 30 April 2020, along with screenshots of communication (WhatsApp, email, posters, SMS with timestamp).
- Employment Contract (signed before 15 March 2020).
- 3 month Bank Statement (to prove that they are in need of funds).
- Proof of Donation to this particular crowdfunding initiative (minimum of R100 donation).
- Name of Establishment (contact details and contact person).
Any funds that are leftover by the time that the government announces that everything can go back to normal will be donated to Ikageng Aids Ministry in Soweto which takes care of 1600 vulnerable children that are from child-headed households.
*All funds raised will be transferred directly to Ikageng charity from where the funds will be managed.*
- Mar 30, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Soldier on guys ️" - Sai