Craig R2R 2011
- By: Craig Tingle
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/craig-r2r-2011
As a participant in the 2011 Freedom Challenge Ride to Rhodes this year, (see www.freedomchallenge.org.za) I have decided to make a difference to the lives of the kids from the communities along the Freedom Trail. Please support me in raising funds for the F C Scholarship Fund.
I am participating in the ‘Class of 2011’ Challenge to set a fundraising benchmark for future participants so that the FC Scholarship Fund can become embedded in the legacy of the Freedom Challenge.
Your donation will show the magnitude of a small gesture
- Jun 24, 2011 - R 500.00
- "Enjoy the ride!" - Hannes
- Jun 24, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Hoping to join you for the 2013 ride. Did you finish?" - Peter Hesseling
- Jun 20, 2011 - R 3 600.00
- "In memory of MIT" - Anonymous
- May 30, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Good Luck - come back in one piece!" - Anton Raath
- May 30, 2011 - R 250.00
- "Don't wear the Khaki shirt !!!" - Guess?
- May 27, 2011 - R 1 250.00
- "This is your story now" - Mediclinic Training Department
- May 27, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Go Craig ! And a great cause ... !" - Julie Buissinne
- May 26, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Enjoy!" - Ryck Genis
- May 25, 2011 - R 150.00
- "Bit short compared to Cairo to CT, but enjoy the ride!!" - Anne Price
- May 23, 2011 - R 1 250.00
- "Good luck!!!" - Brian Marshall
- May 23, 2011 - R 250.00
- "Show them how a squash player can pedal !!!" - Johan Rothmann
- May 23, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Vasbyt lekkerrrr trap!" - Most Superb Estate Properties
- May 20, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Keep going Craig!" - Andrew Moller - Citadel
- May 20, 2011 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck!" - Alice Roux
- May 19, 2011 - R 250.00
- "Enjoy the ride" - Anthony Ayling
- May 19, 2011 - R 500.00
- "Go baby!" - Errol
- May 19, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Enjoy the trip and all the best for a worthy cause " - Pietie Loubser
- Apr 14, 2011 - R 1 000.00
- "Come on people!" - Anonymous
Freedom Challenge Scholarship Fund
Over the last number of years participants in the events arranged by the Freedom Challenge have expressed an interest in giving back something to the people along the route. After much consideration we have decided that a good starting point would be to establish an educational fund to benefit the scholars living along the Mehloding section of the trail. This section falls within the area formerly known as the Transkei and has been identified in various social development studies as one of the poorest parts of the South Africa.
The Fund offers a 3 year scholarships for promising students to attend the private school located at the Mariazell Mission just below the Malekhalonyane Chalets which is one of our support stations used for the Ride Across South Africa and Ride to Rhodes events. http://www.wix.com/allensharp1/fcsf
We are now challenging the 2014 FC participants to let their mountain biking passion benefit the local communities that span the Freedom Trail. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute directly to uplift the knowledge and lives of individuals and communities through education.
The Fund is run under the auspices of The Freedom Challenge’s annual, extreme and unsupported, mountain bike race extending from Pietermaritzburg to Cape Town www.freedomchallenge.org.za This is a project of the Freedom Trail Foundation.