Crazy Store/ FOCHA optimist for the Great Optimist Race
- By: Veda Pretorius
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/cs-focha-optimist-2019
Support the Crazy Store/ FOCHA Optimist dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
We are raising funds for Friends of the Children's Hospital Association, the lead organization providing non-medical support to patients, their parents and caregivers at the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital (RCWMCH).
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 22, 2019 - R 490.00
Snapscan" - Bruce Anderson
- Oct 21, 2019 - R 250.00
- "What is being done is superb. Thank you" - Sally
- Oct 19, 2019 - USD $ 100.00
- "Thanks for always taking Darian under your Wing." - Eugenia
- Oct 19, 2019 - USD $ 250.00
- "For My Chicken Wing Club Big Brother" - Surf the Wave You're Given
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Thank you for all your wonderful work to children in need." - Grace Botes
- Oct 18, 2019 - USD $ 50.00
- "Go boi !" - NA
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 500.00
- "We’re so proud of you Ant." - Kelly & Mike
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Love from Port Edward!" - Marshal-Smith Family
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Well done Ant. You continue to inspire." - Jared Sacks
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Fare winds Ant! Have a fantastic day! " - Stegmann’s
- Oct 17, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Backing our Buddy ???????? - go Ant!" - Davis
- Oct 17, 2019 - USD $ 36.00
- "Ant Smyth you continue to amaze!" - Cari & Brian
- Oct 17, 2019 - USD $ 45.00
- "This is such a worthy cause Ant! Have a blast skippering and do what you do best which is to inspire ????????" - Wendy
- Oct 17, 2019 - R 500.00
- "This is awesome! Thanks Skipper Ant for being so inspirational." - Jean C
- Oct 17, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Go Ant!" - Carynvw
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.