Combustion Technology Optimist for The Great Optimist Race
- By: Combustion Technology/ Pancreatic Cancer
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/ct-optimist-2019
Support the Combustion Technology Optimist dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
We are raising funds for Kevan Wright and his tireless work of raising awareness for pancreatic cancer, and the harsh road to recovery from it. He is an inspiring individual and we are very proud to partner with him in the Race.
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Kev- good luck - and may the wind always be at your back!!" - Geoff & Karen
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Go Kev!! Whatever it takes!! " - Belinda & Sheila Wright
- Oct 15, 2019 - USD $ 33.80
- "Have a Jol Kev! You are an inspiration and legend & always bring the best vibes!!" - Rock on!
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Enjoy, paddle partner " - Kristina
- Oct 09, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Kev, thanks for being such an inspiration and incredible friend! " - Julz
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Well done to everyone concerned. Kevin, trim those sails!" - Crankshaw
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Good luck Kevin you are a winner in every way " - Margie
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Behind you all the way Kevie ??" - Vanessa
- Oct 02, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best, Kevan" - Colleen Swanson
- Sep 30, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Good Luck Kev. " - Fiona & Paul
- Sep 28, 2019 - R 2 000.00
- "Kev, You are the epitome of optimism! Think of you every day. " - Anonymous
- Sep 28, 2019 - R 102.82
- "May all boats reach the other side with sufficient courage, and support! " - In courage
- Sep 27, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Strength of mind is the strongest thing in life......" - John Maarschalk
- Sep 27, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck, Kevin!" - Sam Joan
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.