Cycle for Mdzananda
- By: Laurence Buchanan
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/cycle-for-mdzananda
It is with great excitement that we announce that Laurence Buchanan will be riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour on the 11th of March 2018 in support of the Mdzananda Animal Clinic Khayelitsha. He has made the wonderful commitment to not only participate in the race, but to also use it as a fundraising tool to raise funds for Mdzananda.
We would like to thank everyone who is willing to sponsor Laurence’s ride.
You can get creative and sponsor his 109km ride in various ways! Here are some ideas:
Sponsor R1, R2, R5 or R10 per kilometre.
Sponsor a once off amount of your choice to support his ride.
Sponsor R 100 towards his ride to cover the cost of food for one pet for one week
Sponsor R 200 for a puppy or kitten’s 3 vital vaccinations & dewormers
Sponsor R 300 for one hospitalised patient per month
Sponsor R 450 to care for one shelter pet per month
Sponsor R 500 to perform one pet sterilization
Sponsor R1000 to perform one orthopeadic surgery
Laurence has set up a Back a Buddy site where you can track his fundraising performance and read all about why he is riding for #TeamMdzananda. You can sponsor him through this site or through making a donation to our bank account.
The Mdzananda Animal Clinic is able to issue tax certificates for any donations. To issue a certificate we would require your full name, date of donation, amount donated, physical address and if the donation was made to Mdzananda’s account, through Back a Buddy or through PayFast. Please email this information with proof of payment to email@example.com.
The Mdzananda Animal Clinic is a permanent, veterinary council registered animal clinic in Khayelitsha township just outside Cape Town, South Africa, home to around one million people.
Highly respected and supported by the community, Mdzananda Animal Clinic was founded in 1996 in response to the need to provide veterinary care to a fast growing community that had no access to help for their animals.
The clinic serves up to 700 pets per month through consultations, hospitilisation, general and specialised surgery, mobile clinics, an animal ambulance service, pet adoptions and humane education. We have a strong focus on community empowerment and education and focus on understanding the community’s needs, embracing this, gaining their respect and trust.
It is often of the opinion that people in townships should not own pets. We have a different opinion. Anyone who visits Mdzananda has the pleasure of meeting owners who adore their animals. Lack of education and funds are usually what result in neglect, illnesses and injuries. Mdzananda works on educating the community while providing veterinary services.
A community that loves animals is a healthy community. By looking after an animal people learn responsibility, respect for life, compassion and non-violence. These are valuable attributes which flow over into everyday life.
We look forward to supporting Laurence with his ride and fundraising efforts.
With gratitude (and wags!)
Marcelle du Plessis
Fundraising & Communications Manager
- Mar 08, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Have a great race and thank you for supporting Mdzananda!" - Marco and Cassandra
- Jan 17, 2018 - USD $ 10.52
- "Thank you for doing it for animals!" - Lorna Lawrence
- Jan 15, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Go Lawrence!" - Gasson
- Nov 20, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck with the ride" - Phillippa Duncan
- Oct 24, 2017 - USD $ 41.65
- "Every animal deserves a chance to live peacefully and from pain or fear. Please help if you can..." - Georgie
- Oct 24, 2017 - USD $ 84.16
- "Go Laurence, real man stuff - supporting the animals." - Caroline Cole
- Oct 23, 2017 - USD $ 13.92
- "Great cause. Best of luck" - Kathy
- Oct 23, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Give it horns brother :-)" - Neil Lewis
- Oct 20, 2017 - USD $ 77.96
- "Always an inspiration. Well done Lawrence" - Barrie Arnold
- Oct 09, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Go Laurence" - Kenchell Smart Spray repairs
- Oct 05, 2017 - USD $ 66.11
- "Go for it anything for four legged furry paws " - Alexandria
- Oct 05, 2017 - R 308.46
- "DO IT BUDDY :-)" - LAURENCE