Damion's Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects 2016
- By: Damion Berger
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/damions-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who are transitioning out of state care and their Community Health Programme shares essential health information with women to enable them to make informed choices and take action to improve their health and the health of their families.
The R20 000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to their participants in ways that truly enable them to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals. R20 000 enables 40 women to attend an 8-week long workshop series that builds confidence and health knowledge. It can also enable a young person to start a paid internship, and prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R20 000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 15, 2016 - USD $ 99.57
- "Burn those tires and send a pic from the finish line!" - HoneyBun
- Mar 05, 2016 - R 1 025.00
- "Good luck on the big ride tomorrow - we'll cheering you on from London:)" - Andrea and Bobby
- Mar 04, 2016 - R 3 075.00
- "According to the weather forecast it could a hot one. Take care my boy and good luck." - Dad
- Mar 04, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "Late but hopefully not too late.. Good luck! Yvette" - Yvette
- Mar 04, 2016 - R 1 025.00
- "Good luck Damion and enjoy the journey ! X" - Zahir
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 3 000.00
- "Good luck from Donald Loeb" - Donald Loeb - Avanti Properties Group
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 2 255.00
- "Best of luck, Lisette & Tony" - Anthony & Lisette Stalbow
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 4 834.91
- "We wish you good luck for your cycle race" - Patricia & Marc
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 2 226.37
- "ALL GOLD ALL THE TIME!" - THE GREENWOODS
- Feb 29, 2016 - USD $ 100.01
- "A worthy cause. " - Ian Sugarman
- Feb 28, 2016 - USD $ 57.57
- "Yet another gut busting challenge! No doubt your muscles can withstand it. Delighted to support such a great charity - good luck!! L et F x" - Loulou et Fabrizio
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 1 025.00
- "Go hard or go home" - Bond (james)
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 1 811.31
- "Une petite aide et maintenant à toi de jouer!!" - Rey
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 2 050.00
- "Good luck,keep the legs pumping,beware of the wind!." - Peter and Meg Davidson
- Feb 27, 2016 - USD $ 652.70
- "Great project, good luck!" - Francesco
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here