Daniël's Lion Heart Challenge
- By: Belinda Barkas
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/daniel-otto
My name is Belinda Barkas 48 and I live in Hoedspruit, I know Daniel's Mom and have empathy for all the fundraising they have been doing for their son. I will be running the Karkloof 50 Miler (88.8km) in support of Daniel's cause.
We are raising funds for Daniël who has been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy.
I need to raise the funds by 30 September 2019
The funds raised will be used to buy Daniel a new walking frame as his current one is too small and for the installation of a therapy pool.
The supply of the walking frame and therapy pool will have a positive impact on Daniel's physical well being and health.
The wheelchair quote based on 2018 prices is R75 240.00 - The Buddy roamer, but he will need extra support over his hips and upper body to keep him upright. We are buying additional support.
We would specifically like to install a heated indoor therapy pool at the house so that he won't be limited to swimming just on days when the weather is perfect for swimming. It is just not enough for him. The swimming pool, heat pump and bubble blanket for the pool comes to R78 500.00.
The therapy pool will make for fun easy yet very effective exercises.
Please follow our progress here.
Funds raised will be transferred directly to the Daniel Otto Speciale Trust.
- Sep 03, 2019 - USD $ 52.18
- "Good luck Belinda! " - Laura
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck!" - Anonymous
- Sep 02, 2019 - USD $ 32.93
- "Strongs!????????" - FKT GT rd
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best Daniel and Belinda I will see you at Karkloof, go for it." - Paul Norman
- Aug 29, 2019 - USD $ 10.52
- "Go Belinda go! You can do this! We are all so proud of you " - Megan Loftie-Eaton
- Aug 29, 2019 - USD $ 65.18
- "Good luck " - Texas
- Aug 28, 2019 - R 514.10
- "One step at a time. " - Steve
- Aug 28, 2019 - USD $ 34.25
- "Good luck Belinda!" - Anonymous
- Aug 10, 2019 - USD $ 68.96
- "with love" - Peter Jacobs
- Aug 06, 2019 - R 102.82
- "?" - Qnonymous