Dave's Birthday Fundraiser
- By: Mr C and Mr E
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/daves-birthday-fundraiser
It's my birthday and it would absolutely make my day if instead of gifts we could help improve these two special lives!
Mr E and Mr C are both refugees - and amazing people - who are struggling to get by. Our friends at Afrika Awake - the same charity that helped Mr T last year (https://www.backabuddy.co.za/keep-mr-t-in-a-shelter) - are trying to help them.
Mr E fled DRC Congo in 2016. He spent 1 year at the UN refugee camp in Zimbabwe but landed up fleeing there too as he was facing constant threats. As an albino, he has very particular medical needs - never mind the stigma and constant threat of violence. We especially need to raise money for his medicated sunscreen and to help him have a roof over his head. He is currently homeless and stuck in Musina. One great win is that we managed to fund his glasses so at least he can finally see more clearly!
Mr C is a refugee who fled Burundi with his wife and two small children after his parents and siblings were killed and he was shot and had his leg chopped off. He feels very lucky to be alive and that his wife and kids survived too.
However, there is sadly little to no support for disabled refugees in this position. Mr C suffers from depression and anxiety due to the past trauma. Unable to find employment in SA and with the ever-looming threat of xenophobia, his family is really suffering. They cannot afford rent, or even to send their kids to school, and they are always hungry.
Mr E needs money for his special sunscreen and hopefully to get a place to stay.
Mr C needs R2000 per month for rent, and money for food and doctors. If we can raise enough, we could look at helping him send his children to school.
Why not make someone's life a little happier?
- R250 buys bottle of sunscreen.
- R500 will pay for a week of rent.
- R750 will pay for a person's food for a month.
- R2000 gets Mr C's family a month of rent.
- Any amount will help!
All money will be collected and managed by Afrika Awake (a registered charity) to help these amazing humans.
Afrika Awake is a charity we have worked with for over 5 years and which does incredible work with some of the most invisible people. Learn more about them here: https://www.facebook.com/afrikaawake2/
- Jul 01, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Wishing these two men better lives and happier days xxx" - Sherianne
- Jun 30, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Keep up the good work Dave. Proud of you" - EB
- Jun 29, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Best wishes " - A
- Jun 29, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Keep sprinkling joy like you always do, Cooks! " - Jess
- Jun 29, 2019 - R 2 578.73
- "Happy birthday my friend. Keep dreaming big!" - Doug & Karen
- Jun 28, 2019 - USD $ 14.85
- "Happy birthday from one BJ boy to another! Xxx" - Dan
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 1 015.00
- "Happy birthday Cousin Dave. " - Rich, Sam and the Kids
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Happy Birthday! Awesome initiative as always!! " - Claire & Ross
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Happy happy birthday bro! May you have as much joy and happiness as you bring to others!" - Phil
- Jun 27, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Happy birthday Dave! This is such a lovely thing to do :) wishing you an abundance of blessings to match your kindness and generosity!" - Aalia
- Jun 27, 2019 - USD $ 105.46
- "Happy Birthday Dave, all of the very best for your birthday." - Lawry & Debby
- Jun 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Happy birthday! " - Gabi
- Jun 27, 2019 - USD $ 36.98
- "Happy Birthday Dave. I hope you raise enough for what is needed that is needed . Much kindness From Qatar " - Anna
- Jun 27, 2019 - USD $ 140.61
- "Happy birthday bro! Thanks for always spreading kindness and being a wonderful human! " - Stace
- Jun 27, 2019 - USD $ 35.15
- "Have an amazing birthday!" - Spencer and Gracie