Javascript is not enabled! Please turn on Javascript to use this site.
Melanome Cancer

Melanome Cancer

Funds Raised:
R 200
Fundraising Target:
R 50 000
Donate

Personal message

Good day,

My father, David Fouche, was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa years ago. Until recently, he had more or less 5% eyesight. My mother helped him, and she was the other 95% of his eyesight until my mother passed away unexpectedly in 2022.

My father stays with me in a granny flat alone. I found him on 12 September in severe pain. I took him to the emergency room, and he was admitted. After many procedures, he was diagnosed with Melanoma cancer. Following this diagnosis, he lost the remaining 5% eyesight as well.

As his only income is a SASSA grant of R2080 per month, he could only afford a basic medical aid plan that costs him R1100 per month. Besides that, the hospital and other accounts amount to over R100,000, and the medical aid refuses to cover the bills. The oncologist has already emphasized that chemo will not work, and because his health is not good, it will only worsen matters.

The recommended treatment plan has been sent to the medical aid, but they indicate that he needs to be placed on a higher plan. I will have to dig deep, but it is the last effort I can make to help him. The medical aid is only willing to place him on the higher plan from January 2024.

He is in pain and vomits on a daily basis. He spent a couple of days in a charitable hospice but is now back in his granny flat. Before going to work, I have to feed him, empty his catheter, and give him medication. My daughter feeds him after school, and I have to repeat the process after work in the evening.

The recommended treatment costs R50,000 per month. With the funds raised, it will help get him the recommended treatment without further delays until 2024 when he will be able to get assistance via medical aid.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards on behalf of my loving father.

Donations

  • Nov 09, 2023 - R 200.00 Fees covered
  • "All the best uncle David" - Alex Fouche

Donate to this charity

Statistics

Fundraising target

R 50 000.00

Donations to date

R 200.00
Donate

Melanome Cancer Campaign

Charity Default Logo

My father, David Fouche, urgently requires R50,000 per month for Melanoma cancer treatment. His basic medical aid isn't sufficient, and the needed assistance is only available from January 2024. Any support is greatly appreciated.