Dayne Swims Balearic Island Challenge
- By: Dayne Altenburger
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/dayne-swims-balearic-island-challenge
A stroke of hope.
The Madswimmers are about to dive into the Mediterranean Sea, swimming an epic 100km over a period of 4 consecutive days. We will swim around the Balearic Island in the hopes of fundraising a generous amount for a South African non-profit organization that cares for sexually abused children. Guild Cottage leads the way in developing remedial programs for these children which give them a second chance for full rehabilitation and recovery.
I have pledged myself, even after recent surgery to my shoulder, to participate in this extremely challenging swim in order to make a difference in these children's lives but I cannot do it alone. As my determination to swim further everyday strengthens my injured shoulder, I ask that the public will also donate and help these children strengthen their organization, so that they too can be healed both physically and psychologically from these traumatic experiences.
Generous donors like you are the key to our success and your contributions will help defray the costs associated with the swim, so that all funds raised by Madswimmers can provide Guild Cottage with much needed assistance.
I hope I can count on my family, friends and all you other good hearted people out there to help make a difference.
- Sep 26, 2017 - R 3 000.00
- "Entry " - Dayne Altenburger
- Aug 25, 2017 - USD $ 41.48
- "Good Luck! " - Michelle Thöle
- Aug 24, 2017 - USD $ 15.92
- "Kick some ass Cuz! " - Mike Donian
- Aug 24, 2017 - R 110.00
- "Smash it" - Landon
- Aug 23, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Good luck Dayne, we'll be thinking of you x " - Brad and Taryn
- Aug 11, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Best of luck Dayne" - Sarah stott
- Aug 08, 2017 - R 200.10
- "Don't come last! Shark bait, oooh ha ha! " - Romy
- Aug 07, 2017 - R 110.00
- "Good Luck Dayne. " - Julie Kruger
- Aug 04, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck - what you doing is so amazing! Wish you all the best!" - Heidi Velloen
- Aug 03, 2017 - USD $ 15.94
- "Wow good luck bud! " - Jaco
- Aug 02, 2017 - USD $ 41.65
- "Give it your best brother!" - Dylan
- Jul 28, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Good luck bobble head!!!" - Dale and Jade
- Jul 19, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Go large " - Heiny
- Jul 17, 2017 - R 102.82
- "I hope it goes swimmingly dude!" - Wynand Meijer
- Jul 17, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Good luck Dayne , From Bones and Melony " - Bones
- Jul 17, 2017 - R 110.00
- "In support for Dayne" - Alistair
- Jul 16, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Good luck Dayne! " - Rona
- Jul 16, 2017 - R 205.64
- "All the best Dayne! This is super :)" - Stefanie
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.