KZN Pepper Spray Drive
- By: Mohsina Carim
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/dbn-pepper-spray
In recent months there has been a spike in reported gender based violence against womxn. Our mothers, sisters and daughters live in constant fear. A simple errand like a trip to the post office now leaves a lump in our throat.
A collective of femmes from UCT have inspired us to bring their campaign to KZN. We aim to collect funds to purchase at least 1500 cans for the womxn of KZN in an attempt to arm them so that they may protect themselves.
Your donation or contribution is a helping hand that we need, we urge you to please continue using your voice to speak up until we see the change that we have been promised.
South African womxn are under attack, we always have been, the difference is that we are not backing down we are united and WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED.
All funds will go towards pepper spray cans and their distribution
*FUNDS RAISED WILL BE TRANSFERRED DIRECTLY TO THE PEPPER SPRAY CAN SUPPLIERS AND WHOLESALERS*
- Sep 21, 2019 - USD $ 20.99
- "#enough!" - Frankie
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "We all need to do more. " - Triston Naicker
- Sep 07, 2019 - R 304.50
- "I pray there comes a day when we won’t need to carry pepper spray in our bags, but until that day comes Power to Women ????????" - Britt
- Sep 07, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Prophet MUHUMMAD (SAW) Repeated "TAKE CARE OF WOMEN " 3 times before he Died ( and he was CRYING when he said it ) You GO GIRL " - KatyNoor
- Sep 06, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Great initiative!" - BR
- Sep 05, 2019 - R 180.00
- "Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee????????????" - Madi Postma
- Sep 05, 2019 - R 205.64
- "#ENOUGH" - Rooksana
The #IWillNotBeNext movement aims to protect female students in Universities across South Africa.
Funds raised will be used to purchase and distribute units of pepper spray to women at the Universities who need to be protected from harm
A situation of danger could present itself at any time, and we find it necessary to do our part in making sure that every woman is prepared to defend themselves in a country that cannot protect us.
* Funds raised by this campaign will be transferred directly to the pepper spray supplier.