Get Dee living life again - help her to get her health back
- By: Dee.Sauer
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/dee-sauer
To all the kind hearts out there.I just want to thank you for firstly taking the time to read my story and to all that have shared and donated I cannot thank you enough. The latest is that I have managed to pay about R45000 of my medical bills. What a relief. I have seen another rheumatologist and although they think I might have Elhlers dunlos hypermobility syndrome, the diagnosis is not certain. I have to have an ECG, MRI, bone density test, a number of blood tests, a lumbar puncture and more Xrays. The way forward is uncertain as yet, although firstly would be to have these tests and then need to see a number of specialists including neurologist, podiatrist, cardiologist, ophthalmologist and extensive physiotherapy. You can only imagine the costs. The specialist has confirmed I may not work until further notice and have to be patient as they try to figure out how to relieve some of the pain. So I am trying to accept I can't be a busy bee any more and adjust to a life spent in bed for the most part. Not easy, but thank goodness I have a sense of humour, hope and most importantly faith in the Lord. Please can I ask you to all to reshare this page link and donate if you can? I refuse to give up on life and know I have way more to give than this. I have another R55k to go. Thanks for all the prayers. So appreciate you all. Near and far. _____________________
My name is Dee. I am 38 and stay in Cape Town. My story started approximately 4 years ago where I was in extreme pain from my back into my hip. It was so bad that I actually couldn't move or get out of bed so had to call the ambulance. This is where my long journey began.
I have seen so many doctors: from GP to general specialist, rheumatologist, neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, naturopath, neurological specialist to name a few. I used to have a fear of needles and blood tests but at least I have conquered that one haha.
I have tried chiropractor sessions for more than 2/years, physiotherapy, hydra therapy, kryo therapy, stretching therapy to name a few as well as try to follow an anti-inflammatory diet and go to pain clinic and alternative, natural remedies. I have been on too many medications to list, have had MRI scans, ultrasound, many many Xrays, ct scans, ECG and last year a complete hip replacement at the age of 37 due to osteoarthritis' (I am an ex-dancer so I decided if I can't do hip hop it would be a hip op haha ... hip hip hooray).
Unfortunately, the operation hasn't been a success and the intense chronic pain and fatigue continue.
I, unfortunately, was retrenched, and due to my physical disability cannot find work as bedridden most of the time. It's so painful to just sit or stand and driving kills me. I have had to sell everything I own, furniture and all and move into a room which I share with my 72-year-old dad. I sleep on a mattress on the floor (haha but I do love camping so not so bad) and as my dad only has small government pension we have been blessed with food parcels from the church.
The problem is that I cannot pay my medical expenses and can't have further treatment to see more doctors due to this.
I so badly want to be my old cheerful self again. I want to be the one helping others. It's very humbling and embarrassing having to do this and I hope that one day I can return the same favour to someone else in a similar position.
Funds raised will help cover:
MRI will be 15k but I need two. One of back and the other of ribs. More xrays. Pain meds.
Blood tests R1000 but need more done to check for autoimmune disease. Anything from 5k
Chiropractors and physio are 400- 600 a session and I am supposed to go once a week. I have an outstanding bill there. General specialist R100
Blood tests and ultrasound 4500
R111000 hospital bill.
I cannot even count the amount of times I've been in hospital just in the past 3 years. On waiting list at grooteschuur for well over a year. False bay hospital dont even give a physical examination just pump you with morphine and send you home and that's arriving there by ambulance.
I am desperate to gather funds to cover my medical expenses which I just can't cover from the last 4 years and hoping for some financial help to see more specialists, have MRI and try more treatments so I can be hip hop Dee again and live life as at the moment it is painful just being awake. I need to get to the bottom of what is wrong and find a solution.
Oh wow, what will it do? Give me a chance to find the right doctor and diagnosis so that I can get the correct treatment and get my life back. Be able to work again, be independent and not a burden and just do normal things without being in such pain. I can't remember when last I felt good, rested and pain free.
Any amount is appreciated even R100 all helps.
Thanks to all who have already donated. It means so much to me and I am ao grateful. Words cannot express the thanks. And those anonymous donors thank you from the bottom of my heart.
"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness
- Dec 23, 2019 - USD $ 73.91
- "Stay strong Dee x" - Natalie N
- Dec 21, 2019 - R 508.75
- "May God continue to be your strength and may He guide you to the rights specialists to get you healthy!" - Anonymous
- Dec 21, 2019 - R 1 850.76
- "Keep punching!" - Anonymous
- Dec 21, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Keep strong and keep smiling Dee " - Anonymous
- Dec 21, 2019 - USD $ 73.91
- "Good luck Dee" - Anonymous
- Dec 20, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "You deserve to be better" - Anonymous
- Nov 22, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Hugs and best wishes xxx" - Anonymous
- Nov 20, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Sending loads of love xx" - Wendy & Tanith Briggs
- Nov 14, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wish I could help out more, you are in my prayers" - Gary
- Nov 10, 2019 - R 514.10
- "You my feiend" - Michael
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you well" - P
- Nov 06, 2019 - R 100.00
- ""get well soon"" - "Anonymous"
- Nov 06, 2019 - R 5 075.00
- "Good luck, Dee ! " - Isabelle
- Nov 06, 2019 - R 1 015.00
- "Get well soon" - Anonymous
- Oct 30, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Best of luck Dee, hoping this will assist in some small way to you getting better." - Cornu
- Oct 20, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Hope that you have your op soon Dee." - Rich
- Oct 12, 2019 - R 10 796.10
- "Matthew 14:27 But instantly He spoke to them, saying, Take courage! I AM! Stop being afraid!" - Dare To Believe...
- Oct 10, 2019 - R 3 010.00
- "God Bless Dee" - The Niemanns
- Oct 08, 2019 - USD $ 34.73
- "Thinking of you!!" - Lara T
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "may God continue to be your strength and bring full healing, praying and thinking of you" - Mark
- Oct 06, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Hang in there! " - A friend
- Oct 05, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Time to get you back on your bike !" - Andrew
- Oct 05, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Really hope you find answers which lead to healing and peace for you Dee! " - Nicky D
- Oct 05, 2019 - R 205.64
- "If we were all as brave as you, we'd be living in a much better- and therefore a kinder world. Wish I could donate more" - Sharon Sheard Thewlis
- Oct 05, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Wish this could end soon. Love xxx" - Sylwia
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 61.23
- "Sending love and healing to you x " - An old friend
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Hey Dee. Really sorry to hear you are in daily pain. I had no idea. Hope this helps a small bit and that you find the right treatment." - Steve
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 73.64
- "Wishing you strength to get through the tough times." - Ray Le Roux
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 33.02
- "Sending love and blessings! Wish it could be more!" - Lin and Meryl
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you and your Dad all the best. Get better soon." - Bev and Dave
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 66.03
- "Stay strong and positive and you’ll get through it ????????????????????????" - Nick
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 6.94
- "Brave lady, I hope this is your last day of pain x" - Pam
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 34.74
- "Get well, Dee." - Glenn Ensor
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "I am so sad to hear this Dee - I pray that you get better soon and find the help you get quickly" - Justin
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Let's get you better! " - Karen
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "May the Good Lord always protect you ????" - Anonymous
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 398.26
- "Praying you get your life back Dee. " - Barry & Jen
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Lots of love Dee" - Aunty Tish
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Got to get you right Dee" - Aunty Margie
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 10 000.00
- "Good luck Dee" - Anonymous
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Get well soon" - Kelly
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 138.29
- "May the Lord place his hand over you " - Paula Hayworth
- Oct 03, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Can I have a dance with you?" - Sean
Dee Sauer Medical Cause
I am looking for funds to cover my debt from medical expenses which I just can't cover from the last 4 years and hoping for. Some financial help to see more specialists, have MRI test and try more treatments so I can be hip hop Dee again and live life as at the moment it is painful just being awake.